The Vergecast is back in the studio after the vacations and CES. The Brink‘s Nilay Patel, Dieter Bohn, and Paul Miller get together to talk about the big takeaways from the Consumer Electronic devices Show as well as a couple of statements in tech this week.
On Wednesday, we saw Microsoft launch its new Chromium-based variation of Edge throughout both Windows and macOS. The crew discusses whether this is the dawn of– you guessed it– a brand-new round of the browser wars.
Then on Thursday, NBC hosted an event revealing details of its brand-new streaming service Peacock, aka another participant in– you guessed it– the streaming wars.
All wars aside, these three friends are back together to place on a satisfying episode of The Vergecast that you can listen to right now.
Stories discussed in this episode:
- The Edge Awards at CES 2020: welcome to the land of the idea
- 8 big takeaways from CES 2020
- These video gaming PCs want to compete in the console wars
- Laptops were uninteresting at CES, however there’s wish for the future
- The most crucial Televisions of CES 2020 were lastly for the masses
- Microsoft’s new Edge Chromium browser launches on Windows and macOS
- How to set up extensions on Microsoft’s brand-new Edge browser
- The web browser wars are back, but it’s different this time
- Google is finally killing off Chrome apps, which no one really used anyhow
- Google to ‘phase out’ third-party cookies in Chrome, but not for …
- Roomba’s robot vacuum might grow arms in the future
- OnePlus confirms its next phone will leap to a 120 Hz screen
- Most Current Galaxy S20 Plus leakage displays 120 Hz display screen and no …
- Samsung’s Galaxy S20 and its lots of video cameras exposed in dripped images