So you’re the owner of a new Fitbit Versa or Ionic smartwatch. Congratulations!
If you’ve never used a smartwatch before, you may be (not surprisingly) overwhelmed. If you swipe left from the house screen, you’ll see that there are dozens of various things to click: Spotify, Wallet, Weather condition, and more.
However those apps are only a portion of what Fitbit has to provide. Physical fitness lovers, for example, can download any number of apps customized to their workout needs: Strava for runners, MySwimPro for swimmers, Mindbody for yoga, or FitStar for individual training.
A couple of things to keep in mind before we get into the procedure of downloading apps to your Fitbit.
First, Fitbit apps aren’t as completely fledged as Android and iOS apps are. For example, they generally can’t access Wi-Fi. Instead, they communicate via Bluetooth with a proxy variation of the app on your phone. (Some apps, such as Starbucks and Uber, will require you to produce an account and log in on your phone before you can use them on your watch.)
As an outcome, Fitbit apps can’t update if your phone isn’t nearby, and their interfaces are fairly bare-bones. They can still be extremely practical and helpful, however don’t anticipate a full-featured experience.
Second, you can’t download apps onto your Fitbit directly. Instead, you download them through the Fitbit app on your phone.
The first thing you’ll need to do is download the Fitbit app to your phone and pair it to your smartwatch. To do that:
- Download the Fitbit app from the Apple App Store, Google Play Shop, or Microsoft Shop. You’ll be triggered to produce a Fitbit account.
- In the Fitbit app, tap your profile icon in the top left corner, and choose “Set Up a Gadget.” Follow the prompts from there; you must be combined in just a few minutes.
How to include apps to your Fitbit
When your gadget is matched to your phone, you’re ready to download apps. To do that:
- Tap your profile icon in the leading left corner of the app. Select your gadget.
- Strike “Apps” > “All Apps.” This will put you in Fitbit’s app shop where you can search the offerings.
- As soon as your phone verifies that the app has downloaded, swipe all the method to the left from your smartwatch’s home screen. You ought to see that the brand-new app has appeared.
(Quick caveat here: when Google acquired Fitbit last November, many users were alarmed about the company’s prospective usages of their personal health metrics. Google specified that it would not sell Fitbit consumer information or utilize it to notify Google advertisements.
Gaming Ideology has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Gaming Ideology may earn commissions for items purchased by means of affiliate links. For more information, see our principles policy