Star Wars Battlefront 2’s most current big-time update returns to the very best ol’ days of the Star Wars canon, and by that I imply the “Age of Rebellion,” aka the occasions and locations of the Initial Trilogy and the time after the Old Republic fell.
Live as of today’s update, The Age of Rebellion brings 2 brand-new supports (non-hero combat systems, to put it simply); 4 more blasters; 4 capital ships as the Supremacy mode introduce co-operative play; plus 2 brand-new maps for the Heroes vs. Villains mode.
There is a metric butt-load of other things in the update too, primarily enhancements and rebalancing changes for Heroes, some existing supports, and even changes to the UI (consisting of some optimization of the PC version’s chat user interface). The Majority Of of what’s brand-new is detailed in the video above, however the Cliff’s Notes for the big things is:
- The Ewok Hunter and the ISB Representative are the brand-new systems. The Ewok Hunter is the mole system for the cuddly fighters, who first signed up with the game nearly 2 years earlier. He brings a bow that has a target emphasize comparable to Lando Calrissian’s Dead Eye capability. The bow shot can be charged, and shooting it does not ping the enemy’s radar.
- The ISB Representative, I needed to look that up, however the Imperial Security Bureau has actually been a component of the Star Wars Rebels animatedseries The ISB Representative is likewise a mole, dual wields twin handguns, and her unique capability exposes the 4 opponents closest to her. More are added if she beats opponents while it is triggered, approximately 10.
- 3 of the brand-new weapons return from the first Battlefront (2015). They are the DL-18 handgun, the T-21 heavy blaster, and the Cycler Rifle (which had actually been a Star Card in the first game). The brand new blaster is the E-11 D.
- The Heroes vs. Villains maps are set aboard the MC85 Star Cruiser (the Mon Calamari flagship, although this one was utilized after the Fight of Endor) and the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer (likewise from the follow up trilogy’s timeline).
- The MC85 and Resurgent Star Destroyer sign up with the Venator (the Old Republic leader of the Star Destroyer) and the Separatist Dreadnaught (very same age) as Supremacy goes co-op with thisupdate The Venator and the Dreadnaught are the first 2 maps for players to attack and safeguard, with the others coming later on.
- The areas appearing (in many cases, coming back from the first Battlefront) throughout the rest of cooperative play are Yavin, Death Star II, Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, Jabba the Hutt’s palace, and Kessel, from Solo: A Star Wars Story.
The full rundown of details is available from the official Battlefront online forums. The update is available today and, of course, is 100% totally free.