Animal Crossing: New Horizons present glitch has apparently made a look, and it’s not the fun kind of glitch that can duplicate items Instead, this Animal Crossing: New Horizons present glitch will leave you with a nasty surprise: you’ll completely lose a slot in your inventory.
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, one of the fun things you can do with your friends is to send them stuff in the mail. These items arrive as a “Present”, a wrapped box that should be opened by the player in order to find the contents. Sadly, someone has figured out a way to make glitched presents in Animal Crossing: New Horizons that never really go away, effectively occupying one of your inventory slots forever.
We’re not yet completely specific how the Animal Crossing Present problem can create bugged items, however, we can see it in action thanks to a video from /u/WolfingSMM on the /r/AnimalCrossing subreddit. In it, the Redditor opens up the inventory and attempts to open a Present. Once opened, the present reveals an unopened Delivery. That Delivery box can’t be opened and they can’t be dropped, either which effectively ruins one of your inventory slots forever.
How do I fix the Animal Crossing present glitch?
While this problem can be incredibly frustrating, you can luckily save yourself if you happen to get one of these bugged gift bags. Here’s what to do:
- If you open a glitched Present, do not close your inventory!
- Press the Home button on the right Joy-Con and close Animal Crossing: New Horizons before the game autosaves.
- Re-open Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
- It’s most likely a good idea to get rid of the person who sent you the bugged Present from your friend list.
- Go to your mail and retrieve the glitched Present. Do not open it!
- Travel to a Mystery Tour Island with a Nook Miles Ticket.
- Drop the glitched Present on an island and go home Again, do not open it!
Evidence of the glitch can be seen below:
Any items that are left on Mystery Tour Islands are gone forever as soon as you leave, so this seems a safe way to get them out of your game. If you do open the glitched Present and the game autosaves, you’ll most likely be stuck with one less inventory slot until Nintendo figures out a fix for the problem.