Playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons with friends is always a good time well unless you come across frustrating connection issues, that is. Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch connection errors can quickly stop your fun, however, luckily, this one is simple to fix Stick with us for the Animal Crossing: New Horizons “Communication with the destination locale interrupted” Error Fix.
The irksome Animal Crossing: New Horizons “Communication with the destination locale has been interrupted” error can pop up in a couple of places. You may experience it when first attempting to check out another player’s island, or when you’re already there and get unceremoniously booted off Whichever happens to you does not really matter, as the option is frequently as easy as trying to reconnect.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons ‘Communication with the destination locale interrupted’ Error Fix
- After encountering the error, just head to the airport and try using the Dodo Code again.
- If you still come across a communication error, close the game completely.
- Reset your internet router.
- After waiting for it to fully reboot, launch ACNH on your Nintendo Switch.
- Head to the airport and enter the Dodo Code once more.
- Still no luck? Try connecting your Switch to another Wi-Fi network if possible.
- If the problem persists, ask the host to create a new multiplayer session in order to produce a new Dodo Code.
- Attempt to connect via the new Dodo Code.
Should you try all of the above and still run into the issue, it’s possible that the problem isn’t on your end. This might cause you to come across a communication error if Nintendo is experiencing ACNH server issues. We’d suggest monitoring the Nintendo Online status page and Animal Crossing Twitter for updates. Even if no issues notified, wait a while and try before reaching out to Nintendo Support.
Hopefully, this Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Communication with the destination locale interrupted error fix will have you back online.