Borderlands 3 has actually revealed its new takedown, which is set to introduce on June 11, at 12 pm PST. At 9am PST, the seasonal event Revenge of the Cartels will concern an end, preventing players from trying to complete any of the challenges or content surrounding it. These new patch notes also information some extra changes to the Mayhem 2.0 system, which at first had players earning the best loot in the game at Mayhem level 10.
The new Takedown at the Guardian Breach is an endgame challenge for players to take their most kitted out Vault Hunters to face another wave of chaotic enemies. You can choose to go it alone, or take other Vault Hunter allies with you and receive some of the best loot in thegame It’s a free addition to the game available to everybody. There’s a full breakdown about the new endgame content on the Borderlands 3 website, and even a video including more information.
The substantial changes concerning Mayhem 2.0 consists of enemies at Mayhem levels 7, 8, 9, and 10 all have their statistics considerably reduced, and the curve from level 7 to 10 has actually beenreduced In the future, you can look forward to the release of chests and vending machines supporting players who reach this level, instead of having them entirely rely on enemy spawns to provide the best gear in the game.
You can check out all of these changes concerning Borderlands 3 as you wait for the release of the next piece of DLC, Old West, which should release closer to the end of June.
- Added assistance for new free content being added to the base game of Borderlands 3: Takedown at the Guardian Breach!
Homeowner Eridian professional Patricia Tannis has actually found a mystical Guardian signal on the remote world of Minos Prime and has actually asked that you examine it.
- Fight For Your Life (FFYL) Improvements:
— Added cooperative restoring. When more than one individual is restoring a downed player, the player will be restored much faster. This is just supported for cooperative players
— Slowed the motion speed of downed players who are actively being restored by a cooperative player
— Increased the interactive radius around downed players to make it easier to start restoring them
— Added visual FX to the downed player being restored and the player restoring the downed player to help picture the act of restoring
- Added assistance to show Mayhem Levels on Item Cards
- Resolved a noted issue where some players might experience a crash after being kicked 3 times in a row from a host’s game
- Resolved a noted issue of a crash that might often occur after a customer respawns in the mission “Angels and Speed Demons” in Konrad’s Hold
- Resolved a noted issue of a crash that might often occur when engaging with enemies with the Wedding Event Invite with the Galaxy Brain Mayhem modifier active
- Resolved a noted issue of a crash that might often occur when the host got in combat at the start of the 4th round in Tank of Massacre
- Resolved numerous reported crashes
- Improved performance when browsing vending machines
- UI Optimizations for consoles
- Improved Inventory performance
- Improved Quick Menu performance
- Improved Main Menu performance
- Improved Item assessment performance
- Improved Buddy Widget performance
- Improved Modal Tutorial performance
- Improved memory by getting rid of unneeded frames from the Skill Tree menus
- Improved performance when dropping and dragging items in the inventory menu
- Resolved a noted issue that players would often experience an obvious frame rate drop when browsing the character menu in splitscreen
- Resolved a noted issue that performance would somethings drop after choosing up the ECHO log during “The Demon in the Dark” in Konrad’s Hold
- Improved HUD performance
- Resolved a noted issue that the camera would often tilt sideways when using a high fire rate weapons and strafing at the exact same time
- Disabled all controller input when the game window is not in focus on PC
- Disabled access to the Quick Menu when players are in vehicles or turrets
- Resolved a noted issue that an Outrunner can often be released into the air and out of playable space when a user goes into the vehicle in Meridian Metroplex
- Resolved a noted issue that the bodies of dead enemies would often stretch when within the elevator in Konrad’s Hold
- Resolved a noted issue that the Host player can escape the map when bending in the entrance of a customer’s space when they leave their session in Sanctuary
- Resolved a noted issue that striking an out-of- bounds area with a vehicle would trigger FFYL
- Adjusted the cost of ammunition at vending machines to originate from the player’s level instead of the vending machine’s level
- Resolved an issue that pinstripes and filigree were often missing out on from some player skins
- Resolved a noted issue that the Anointment “300% Damage above 90%” didn’t work appropriately with non-flesh enemy types
- Resolved a noted issue that Guardian Advantages would just be thought about active during the session you opened them in
- Resolved a noted issue that essential puddle decals would often remain for customers when refilling the map while the puddles exist
- Updated Credits
- Added previous Hotfixes to the game
- Resolved a noted issue where the tip bar would appear spaced out and stretched throughout the bottom of the screen in the Skill Tree menu
- Resolved a noted issue that the Play button in the ECHO log menu would often be shown improperly
- Added a 10-second cooldown timer till a player can request to skip the current puzzle and get a new one in Borderlands Science
- Resolved a noted issue where a Borderlands Science booster might be removed when joining another game session
- Resolved a noted issue that the Operative’s Action Skill Anointed results can be impacted by other Action Skills when activating 2 Action Skills at the exact same time
- Added an in-world marker to enhance the discoverability of Moxxtails chest in-game
- Resolved a noted issue in ECHOCast where the Moxxtail enthusiast was lost when joining another game session
- Resolved a noted issue with ECHOcast where the Uncommon Chest winner count stat was inaccurate
- Resolved a noted issue where smoke or steam would flicker in Sanctuary after extended gameplay
- Rebalanced Mayhem statistics for enemy health, shields, and armor in Mayhem Levels 7, 8, 9, and 10
Mayhem Levels 7, 8, 9 and 10 have actually had their stat rewards to Health, Shields and Armorreduced On Mayhem 10, the bonus is now 10,000% instead of 12,500%, and the curve to from Level 7 to 10 has actually been adjusted appropriately.
- Made a change so just the Host player can use or roll modifier changes to Mayhem
- Resolved a noted issue that Agonizer 9000, the Kraken, Wotan, and Eista were often not spawning Mayhem Level gear
While we wait for chests and vending machines to support Mayhem Level gear in the next patch, as specified in our Mayhem 2.0 Dev Update, these enemies were fixed so they support Mayhem as a stop space.
- The Mayhem modifiers Mob Mindset and Chain Gang can no longer be rolled together
- The Mayhem modifier Floor is Lava now fires off less often and the damage taken no longer counts towards keeping the player in combat
- The Mayhem modifier Chain Gang now develops beams when the player is better and dissipates when even more away, permitting them to fire less often
- Enhanced combat timer refresh for Mayhem
The 4 changes above were made to keep Mayhem 2.0 running efficiently, and we will continue to keep track of the performance of Mayhem 2.0 and make modifications in thefuture The Limit Issues and Drone Ranger Mayhem Modifiers are continuing to go through screening and are not going to be turned back on at this time.
- Resolved a noted issue that players would often not load in properly after throwing grenades and making changes to Mayhem mode
- Resolved a noted issue that the travel countdown timer would often not show the map name when using Mayhem modifier changes after the player triggered a New-U Station that was not a Fast Travel Station
- Resolved a noted issue that the mathematical sign on the Mayhem pedestal would not show appropriately after changing the level
- Resolved a noted issue that the UI for the limit turret warning would remain on screen when altering Mayhem settings while in a limited area
- Resolved a noted issue that the enemy DEATH from the Post Mortem Mayhem Modifier was not able to cause damage to Moze’s Auto Bear or to players in Iron Bear’s gunner seat
- Resolved a noted issue that the enemy DEATH from the Post Mortem Mayhem Modifier would circle in place if generated from an enemy that the player did not take down
- Added a limitation to the number of visual effect results generated when projectiles take damage with Post Mortem and Freeze Tag Mayhem Modifiers
- Post Mortem, Healy Avenger, and Freeze Tag will now check for the dying enemy’s loyalty relative to the player when choosing if they should spawn
- Resolved a noted issue that player might be quickly taken into FFYL when the Mayhem Modifier Rogue-Lite is active
- Resolved a noted issue that beams generated from the Limit Issues Mayhem Modifier might often end up being aesthetically connected to the player
- Resolved a noted issue that beams generated from the Limit Issues Mayhem Modifier would often remain connected to the player after defeating an enemy NPC turned friendly
- Resolved an issue that a beam effect would often not trigger from the Limit Issues Mayhem Modifier if there was a blockage in between the player and the enemy
- Resolved a noted issue that some heads were often not scaling appropriately with the Galaxy Brain Mayhem Modifier active
- Resolved an issue that Mayhem Modifier abilities would periodically not run appropriately on enemies
- Resolved a noted issue with weapon drops from enemies downed via critical hit while the Lootsplosion Mayhem Modifier was active often not constantly matching the current Mayhem Level
- Vehicles can now be the targets of Mayhem Modifiers
- Resolved a noted issue where D-Pad glyphs to change the tracked mission were still shown on the HUD when playing with the Timeless button plan
- Resolved a noted issue where an empty timely would be shown on the HUD above the experience bar after costs skill points
- Resolved a noted issue where several message slideouts would overlap and appear after detaching a controller
- Resolved a noted issue where the speed of the UI menu would differ when including a splitscreen player
- Resolved a noted issue where the customer’s countdown would not appear on the screen after accepting a battle invite
- Added enhancements to text chat
- Updated tip text for altering the seen event to “Change Viewed Event”
- Resolved a noted issue that parts of the HUD would often be missing out on when rapidly resuming and stopping briefly the game
Today, we have a range of gear balance changes, as promised in the Mayhem 2.0 Dev Update, and hotfixes particularly for Takedown at the Guardian Breach. To get the changes and avoid seeing any of these issues develop, make sure that you have your hotfixes used at the main menu.
To use hotfixes, wait at the main menu till you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! Please send a ticket to support.2 k.com if you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback.
- Added Revenge of the Cartel Anointments to the irreversible drop pool for gear
- Resolved a noted issue that increases from Mantakores and Korax overlooked Zane’s Barrier
- Re-balanced the number of enemies active at one time during Takedown at the Guardian Breach
- Re-balanced the health of some enemies during Takedown at the Guardian Breach
- Resolved a potential progression blocker when fast taking a trip during Takedown at the Guardian Breach
- Resolved an issue with the Operative’s SNTNL not targeting enemies in some cases
As specified in the patch notes, we have adjusted the Health, Shield, and Armor statistics for Mayhem Levels 7 andhigher As part of that change, we need to change gear to show that. With the decrease in enemy health, shield, and armor in later levels of Mayhem, all the gear you have currently will feel more efficient as you take down enemies in those higher levels. SMGs have actually shown to be one of the most popular weapon types, so we have actually focused on them with thisupdate We chose that this amount of change was all we were comfy with when paired with the scalingchanges We will observe player feedback over the coming weeks and most likely make additional modifications as required.
The number of feasible SMGs felt low, compared to the relative depth of weapons of that type. As a result, numerous them have had damage boosts today.
- Increased weapons damage on *
- Increased weapons damage on Good-looking Jackhammer
- Increased weapons damage on Dedicated
- Increased weapons damage on Cloud Kill
- Increased weapons damage on Tsunami
- Increased weapons damage on 10 Gallon
- Increased melee damage bonus on Ripper
The Ripper’s melee damage bonus wasn’t offering enough reward to perform its desired loop. We have actually rubbed the damage on the melee strike.
- Increased weapon damage on Vanquisher
The base damage for the Vanquisher and its bonus damage while moving have actually been rubbed. Like the Ripper, its core loop wasn’t being used as the slide bonus wasn’t substantial sufficient previous to this change.
- Increased bonus damage while moving on Vanquisher
The Ripper and Vanquisher should be extremely efficient now when accepting their unique loops.
We found that a couple of pieces of gear were overperforming or not working as meant, which accidentally pressed players into builds specifically using them. It also permitted players to bypass the desired growth of moving up the Mayhem Levels over time. By reducing these worths and resolving some data, players should feel able to experiment with other pieces of gear.
The Sandhawk was creating a lot of particle systems which we found creating issues related toperformance It also was creating excessive damage relative to other sniper rifles. To combat this, we have actually made the following changes.
- Increased Shot Cost from 2 to 3– We have actually increased the cost of firing the weapon, so that players need to more attentively handle ammunition. With the extra SDUs that were added in The Revenge of the Cartels patch, players should still have the ability to use this weapon a fair bit.
- Removed 2 projectiles– As specified, the performance cost of this weapon was expensive, so we have actually removed 2 particle systems from each shot. This also gets rid of some damage output from the weapon.
- Increased Precision Spread– To make up for the distinction for the missing out on projectiles, we have actually spread out out the pattern, so it still covers the exact same space.
- Decreased life time of projectiles– A lot of active particle systems from successive shots was truly injuring performance, so we have actually decreased the life-span of the projectile.
- Increased projectile speed– It was very important to use to keep the weapon still efficient in combat, so to counter the decreased life time of the projectiles, we have actually sped themup The result is a weapon that still feels as efficient as before, and even more responsive.
We found a regrettable issue with the Yellowcake that successfully added an additional 100% damage beyond its desired output. We are repairing it today.
- Changed Damage Scaling– The wrong scaling mathematics was using to the Yellowcake, considerably increasing its damage beyond its desired worth. We are altering it to use desired mathematics.
- Split Projectile Damage Decrease– We are reducing the damage of each of its split projectiles as they were overperforming.
The Kaoson was offering more power than meant, which made it the go-to SMG. With today’s changes it should still provide plenty of damage that focuses on explosive damage rewards, however not rather at the scale as in the past.
- Precision Impulse Increased– Its precision permitted players to deal pin-point damage, then with the added explosive damage, it was additional taking full advantage of output. We are increasing the precision impulse to account for the explosive damage bonus much better.
- Max Precision Increased– At full auto, the spread showed extremely tight, again permitting more damage to be made the most of than we meant. We have actually increased the maximum appropriately.
- Critical Damage Reduced– The explosive damage offered by this weapon allows critical hits more often, so we are reducing its critical bonus by a small amount.
- Base Damage Reduced– As the Kaoson generally has 2 points of damage–the preliminary bullet, and after that the dynamite round– it was offering way more damage than a common SMG. We’re reducing the base damage to much better account for its dual damage feature.
A Number Of Anointments in the game were not offering sufficient worth, successfully making them non-viable forplayers In an effort to increase build variety, we are rubbing a number of Anointments.
- Airborne Anointments– We have actually increased the efficiency of the While Airborne Damage, Critical Damage, and Fire Rate Anointment. The Airborne Fire Rate Anointment had a bug too, which is being fixed to considerably enhance this Anointment. We’re distressed to see what constructs will be used in Takedown at the Guardian Breach in specific.
- Slide Fire Rate– It had a bug too that prevented it from offering the meant bonus; we have actually solved that in these hotfixes.
- Action Skill End– A number of these types of Anointments have actually been rubbed to make them more helpful for more constructs. Fire Rate, Next 2 Mag Bonus Damage, and Splash Damage have all got damage boosts.
- Auto Bear Active Incendiary Damage– This has actually gotten a considerable enthusiast to make Iron Bear constructs more efficient.