Lamborghini’s inaugural esports competition, The Real Race, is in full swing and in lead is Nils Naujoks (aka n1lyn), a former expert sim racer given that 2003 and now manager of G2 SimRacing The tournament which is open to assetto Corsa Competizione players of all levels has actually been joined by a series of knowledgeable and expert sim racers.
We’re sharing an update on the competition in case it’s of interest fornews There were over 1500 entries for the 1st qualifier race and registration is open till tomorrow (Thursday 18 th 6pm CEST) for the second track at Health spa Francorchamps, with the online race taking place on June 21 st. Players can sign up at esports.lamborghini.
- Lamborghini’s inaugural esports tournament, The Real Race is a global esports series open up to assetto Corsa Competizione players of all levels and including the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo on world distinguished tracks. The race competition released on the 29 th May in a virtual studio in Italy and will run till September 2020.
- The first qualifier race saw over 1500 people sign up to compete
- Nils Naujoks, whose teams achieve success throughout several teams and competitions consisting of F1 Esports, Forza Motorsport, iRacing and RaceRoom, put first in the first track, Monza
- Positioning second was French sim racer Arnuad Lacombe and 3rd is Matthias Egger, who has actually completed in the iRacing.com World Championship Grand Prix Series and been sim racing for over 19 years
- There are 5 qualifier races. Registration for the second race is currently open till Thursday 18 th June with the race taking place on June 21 st.
- To help players signing up for the event Lamborghini released The Real Race Driving School with official driver Albert Costa. The Driving School takes players through a lap of the qualifier track with Albert supplying techniques and suggestions on how to enhance your lap time.
- 12 drivers will make it through to the live finals in Sant’ Agata Bolognese in Italy, the Lamborghini head office
- The tournament focuses on the converging world of esports and motorsports and the tremendous crossover in between virtual and real world- players compete on assetto Corsa Competizione, one of the most reasonable racing sims for a chance to win a real world Lamborghini experience
- The 3 players in lead win a three-day all-expenses-paid experience that includes a VIP trip of the Lamborghini HQ and an R&D simulator check out used to essentially test the latest and future Lamborghinimodels Winners will also train and satisfy along with official Lamborghini drivers and receive a track experience, driving a Lamborghini on a world distinguished raceway. The player in first place will also receive an unique prize of a minimal edition diecast with ingame livery.
For information- where to sign up and where to enjoy- can be found at esports.lamborghini
For even more news from the Rising World of eSports Head here