The highly anticipated 1.2 patch for Cyberpunk 2077 was released on PC and consoles on Monday and promised to fix a long list of bugs and glitches. The Stadia release is scheduled for later this week.
CD Projekt Red made the announcement by posting to the game’s official Google News account. Earlier in the day, the developer announced that the patch would be coming soon, but just a few hours later, the patch was live.
The list of fixes for the patch is extremely long as it affects almost every part of the game. From aborted quests to improving police AI, the patch aims to provide players with a new and improved Night City to return to or experience for the first time.
The different categories of the patch fixes are gameplay, quests, open world, cinematic design, environment and levels, graphics, audio, animation, user interface, stability and performance, miscellaneous, PC specific and console specific.
The most notable bug fixes on the list are:
- Improved stability and performance of the engine and rendering engine (reduction in random crashes).
- Memory optimizations and memory management improvements in different systems (reduction in the number of crashes).
- The NCPD spawn radius for when the player commits a crime has been increased.
- Unstuck Rocking / Rotating feature added to all vehicles. Use the left stick or A / DW / S or LShift / LCtrl to rock and turn to try and free stuck / stranded vehicles.
- Collisions will no longer flow in randomly while driving, which can cause V to crash into buildings and fall out of the world.
- The misspelled ‘Abandoned Night City’ sign has been fixed.
- Fixed multiple issues where players could get stuck in the geometry of the location.
- Fixed multiple issues with NPC’s T-pose.
The console-specific fixes aim to fix issues on all systems, but the hope is that the patch will provide a more stable experience on Xbox One and PS4 in particular. The game is still not available on the Playstation Store.
With patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 out, hopefully players will have a better experience in Night City.
Enjoy this piece? Don’t forget to share our work using the buttons below. Be sure to follow us
On Google News to get the latest gaming news straight to your feed.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology