A series of brand new Diablo 2 Resurrected screenshots have surfaced ahead of the game’s technical alpha launch later today.
Thanks to Purediablo.com, these new screenshots show the improved lighting and skill effects from the upcoming remaster. In addition to these new screenshots, a shared fact was shared for the alpha, showing that testers can fully explore the game’s first two acts without a level cap.
The technical alpha will focus on the game’s single-player mode, with three classes available, including the Barbarian, the Amazon and Sorceress. We’ve included the screenshots and information sheet below.
Diablo 2 Resurrected Technical Alpha Fact Sheet
- Discover the first two acts of Diablo II in full Navigate dangerous areas of eastern Khanduras from the Rogue encampment to the monastery, then head east to walk the sands of sun-drenched LutGholein.
- Try out three beloved characters Crush demons in fierce melee combat like the Barbarian, kill your enemies from afar like the Amazon, or master deadly spells as the Sorceress.
- No level cap – Launch and upgrade your characters as often as you like until the end of the Tech Alpha. Note that progress is not carried over to future tests or the last game.
- Test the experience for one player – While multiplayer will be a big part of Diablo II: Resurrectedupon release, we’ll focus on testing solo play during this tech alpha
- Play with mouse and keyboard or a controller– With Diablo II: Resurrected you can control the game the way you want, and we’ll test both input methods in the technical alpha.
- Sanctuary urgently needs your help –Diablo II: ResurrectedTechnical Alpha will run from 10:00 am. Pacific Time on April 8 (early access) to 10 a.m.PT on April 12.
- International availability– Technical Alpha is available in most regions for a limited number of participants.
- Internet connection is only required for testing– To ensure the safety of the technical alpha, a constant online connection is required during gameplay. (A constant internet connection is not required for the final version of the game.)
- Available for purchase on Windows PC– The Diablo Prime Evil Collection includes Diablo II: Resurrected, Diablo® III, the Reaper of Souls ™ expansion, the Rise of the Necromancer pack and exclusive cosmetic items.
- This is only the first technical alpha– Applications are open at Diablo2.com to participate in future tests, including the multiplayer test coming later this year.
- * 4K resolution and 7.1 Dolby Surround require platforms and equipment that support these functions.
- English only for the technical alpha– Upon release, Diablo II: Resurrected will be localized in more than a dozen languages, including English, French, Italian, German, European Spanish, Korean, Polish, Traditional Chinese, Mexican Spanish, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese and Russian. Additional supported languages will be announced later.
- Stream and capture whatever footage you want – Once you start playing the Diablo II: ResurrectedSingle-player Technical Alpha (during Early Access or later), you are free to live stream, capture and publish gameplay footage, or take and publish as many screenshots as you want, anywhere in the game.
- Explore the sanctuary of players’ nightmares, now in stunning 4K resolution. *
- Diablo II: Resurrected features all 27 minutes of footage recreated from the ground up, shot by shot. It is still under construction and the tech alpha will feature the original Diablo II cinematics as placeholders.
- Original 2D sprite-based models are reborn with full 3D physical rendering. Updated visuals also include new animations, dynamic lighting, new textures and updated visual effects.
- Remastered graphics and the more nostalgic “original” experience can be switched back and forth at the touch of a button.
- Audio remastered in Dolby Surround 7.1 sound.
- Genre-defining Diablo gameplay with robust RPG character progression, incredibly deep specification and deep-rooted hack-and-slash combat.
- Let us know what you think– Everything you will see in the Diablo II: Resurrected Single-player Technical Alpha, including visuals, audio effects, user interface, in-game systems and more, is not final and should be considered a work in progress.
Diablo 2 Resurrected Technical Alpha will run from 10am Pacific Time on April 8 (Early Access) to 10am PT on April 12.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology