Halo: The Master Chief Collection may finally be complete for PC and console, but there is still new content coming for the game. Today is the launch of Season 6, entitled Raven, featuring a ‘new’ map for Halo 3 (lifted from the obscure Halo Online), a mode similar to CoD’s Gun Game, mouse and keyboard support on Xbox, 100 levels of additional content to earn, and more. You can watch a quick trailer for Halo: MCC season 6 below.
Here’s a rundown of some of the new content and features in Season 6:
- New Halo 3 map: Waterfall – Originally created for Halo Online, the Waterfall map is now available in Halo 3 Custom Games. Waterfall is a symmetrical map that supports all major game modes in Halo 3.
- New game variant: Escalation Slayer – In Escalation Slayer, players progress through a series of weapons by earning kills with each. When a player gets a kill with the last weapon, they win the round. You can also downgrade opponents to the previous weapon level by killing or pinning them with a plasma grenade. Escalation Slayer will be available in Halo: Reach, Halo 4 and Halo 2: Anniversary. Players can configure game settings to customize the experience and create unique variations.
- Team change in custom games – In Custom Games for all multiplayer titles, all players can now switch teams during a match. Choose the Leader Only, Pre-Game Only, or Always options when setting up the custom game lobby. (Always is the default setting).
- Mouse and keyboard support for Xbox – Console players can now play with a mouse and keyboard, with this feature supported for Xbox.
- Secondary bindings for mouse and keyboard – Each action can now be linked to multiple inputs using mouse and keyboard.
- The exchange – Players can now use the Exchange to spend Season Points on unique customizations from previous seasons or limited-time challenges.
- Field-of-View (FOV) and Crosshair Position options for Xbox Field-of-View (FOV) and Crosshair Position options are now available on all Xbox platforms, including 120Hz supported devices.
- Gameplay settings per game – Each game now has its own unique Gameplay Settings section in the menu, including some settings unique to each title.
- Added support for replacing Halo: Combat Evolved cards with cards made for Custom Edition. Note: We cannot guarantee maps will always work, but maps created with official Custom Edition tools should work without any issues.
- 100 new levels of customization to unlock. Among which…
- New armors based on Fireteam Raven and Halo Online for Halo 3
- New tweaks to the back of Halo 3
- New animated visors for Halo 3
- New animated name tags
- New tech suit colors
If you want to learn more about the ever-minor bug fixes and tweaks included in the Season 6 update, you can check out the full unabridged patch notes, here
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is available now for PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S. You can jump into Season 6 content starting today.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology