Outriders 1.05 update is out today
Outriders 1.05 is released today by Square Enix, with good news for gamers hoping for Crossplay’s return.
As confirmed in the patch notes, the current Outriders changes will allow playing between platforms again.
Crossplay will be re-enabled, although People Can Fly has warned that there may be some delay.
According to the latest news on Twitter, the Xbox Outriders update is rolling out today.
But gamers on PS4 and PC are more likely to receive the patch than fans using the Microsoft platform.
Speaking of the upcoming changes and the re-release of Crossplay, a message from People Can Fly revealed:
“A new patch for PC and PlayStation platforms will be released in the next few hours!
“We have a bit of a delay with the Xbox version of this patch, but the @ Xbox team is really helping us get it done as soon as possible.
“We hope this patch will be ready for Xbox very soon and we’ll update you as soon as we get news.
“With the release of this patch, Crossplay between PlayStation and PC is now possible.
Crossplay between Xbox and PC / PlayStation has been temporarily disabled.
Crossplay between consoles and PC will be fully restored once Xbox patch goes live.
So while we don’t know exactly when the game will be updated across all platforms, the process should be complete by April 10th.
And the full patch notes for today’s Outriders update confirm that version 1.05 will include many new bug fixes and hopefully some improved matchmaking.
You can find the full list below, including details on the current Crossplay situation with PS4, Xbox and PC platforms:
- General stability improvements for the matchmaking service
- Fixes a multiplayer crash that could cause client player inventory to be cleared
- Fixes the crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest.
- Fixes the crash that occurs in No Man’s Land when your language is set to Spanish (yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Fixes crash on startup problems
- Includes many more “random” crash fixes
- We are confident these fixes will address the majority of reported crashes as there are only a handful of root causes, but the crashes they generate show up in a number of places.
- Fixes the HUD disappearing in certain cases
- Fixes bugs that interfere with player re-spawning in Multiplayer Expeditions
- Fixes bugs where players get stuck in geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or fall out of the world.
- Changes the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”.
- You can still manually change this setting to “Open” through your game settings
- This change will prevent players from participating in games that the host did not intend to play in multiplayer. It will also reduce the number of AFK lobbies
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as queues are less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of constant matchmaking requests generated by “open” games.
- Lots of other minor fixes and improvements
- Fixes a performance issue where the GPU is not fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11 / 12 issues
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology