Snowstorm dropped the Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha a few hours ago, following the tech alpha with a massive amount of new features and content.
First of all, there is a brand new class to test in addition to the Barbarian, Monk, Demon Hunter and Wizard. It’s the Crusader, defined as a middle-class melee / caster hybrid that overcomes enemies with the power of sacred magic.
Two new zones, the House of the Monks (Mount Zavain) and the Land of the Barbarians (Frozen Tundra), have been added to the Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha next to a new dungeon (the Cavern of Echoes, located in the Frozen Tundra), and the character limit was increased from 45 to 55.
The developers have also added some end game systems. Inspired by the Kanai’s Cube or Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, the Essence Transfer vendor Zamina can extract the essence of one Legendary item and transfer it to another Legendary item of your choice. In this way, players can customize the Legendaries they have looted, increase their rank and perfect their attributes.
Then there’s the Helliquary device, a machine whose purpose is to locate powerful demons around the world so that players can find, defeat, and eventually trap them. Making their Demonic Remains symphonic, characters will gain significantly more power over time as the Helliquary ranks in the rankings.
Perhaps the most interesting additions to the Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha have to do with the game’s PvP component. An 8v8 battleground in Westmarch’s Immortal Overlook will pit heroes against each other for amazing rewards.
But the real surprise is the faction-based PvP endgame, the Circle of Strife. Adventurers in Diablo Immortal can choose to join the Immortals or the Shadows, two factions in constant battle for the Eternal Crown, an ancient source of power.
It’s a rather complicated system, but here’s the gist of it:
- Players will fight as Shadows of Immortals through various PvP and PvE activities in a continuous cycle to claim the throne as Sanctuary’s ultimate defenders.
- Shadows – Shadows converge in groups known as Dark Houses to challenge the Immortals in many ways, including attacking their precious Vault. Shadows must also complete contracts to grow their homes, eventually challenging Immortals in a PvP showdown by the Rite of Exile to try to take their place as Sanctuary’s new defenders.
- Immortals – Immortals are the elite defenders against the Burning Hells, referred to as the best of the best. They must fight to increase their dominance and defend themselves against the Shadows to stay on top. One player earns the right to lead the Immortals and can nominate up to four lieutenants to bestow powerful crowns that increase in strength and buff them and their allies in battle. Immortals can also raid that is unique to their faction, Kion’s ordeal. Up to 48 players can participate at once, with the goal of taking out four bosses in 30 minutes. When successful, the Immortals receive powerful loot and the blessing from Daedessa, a buff that grants a bonus to Elder Rifts and fills the Immortals’ Vault.
The Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha is still very limited in size. Only select Android users in Australia can participate, except for press and media creators. Fortunately, we are in the test and will be reporting our impressions like we did with the tech alpha.
The game is still launching on Android and iOS devices later this year, although there is no definitive release date yet. These are the current minimum requirements:
- Minimum requirements for Android
- CPU – Snapdragon 670 / Exynos 8895 and above
- GPU – Adreno 615 / Mali-G71 MP20 and above
- RAM – 2 GB RAM and above
- Version: Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) and above
- Apple minimum requirements
- iPhone 8 and above
- Version: iOS 12 and above
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology