EA is back in the news for loot boxes after a leaked document shared by the Canadian website CBC via an insider from the development team who believes the publisher is essentially pushing FIFA players to buy loot boxes. These are some of the bullets from the now public document.
2. The team is fully focused on involving current players until mid-September.
3. Players will receive active messages during the summer and are encouraged to convert.
4. FUT is the cornestore and we do everything we can to bring players there.
Since the publication of the leaked document, EA has provided a detailed answer through its official blog. The FIFA publisher claimed that the original story is a sensational report that does not accurately reflect the facts.
- We are always looking for ways to introduce more players to modes in our games. Our FIFA players expect new content that makes the service exciting, so that’s a constant focus for us.
- We don’t push people to spend in our games. Where we offer that choice, we are very careful not to spend more than we earn in the game, and most FIFA players never spend money on in-game items.
- Summer is a very active time in our FUT community, and we’re making sure that more of our new content and in-game community events are center stage there. The new content we are introducing throughout the year includes extensive rewards with no income. Decisions to spend are always completely optional.
- Nothing in the leaked document contradicts this in any way – it shows how we support involvement in our game over the summer period, not the spending.
- We take our responsibility very seriously to provide players with a safe and fun experience.
- We do not encourage young players to spend in our games, and we highly recommend using family controls to manage the content that children can access, their ability to spend on games, and how much time they can play.
Two years ago, EA CEO Andrew Wilson told investors the publisher would continue to push loot boxes into FIFA and other proprietary games, even though some governments and politicians have tried to stop or mitigate the problem.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology