It’s about to get dark in Destiny 2 when the Season of the Splicer launches next week. The Last City is plunged into eternal twilight as players are tasked with fending off an entire Vex invasion. This update revolves around two new main challenges: a new 6-player match-made activity called Override and a regularly updated top-flight mission called Expunge. Oh, and yes, the Vault of Glass is also making a triumphant return. You can watch a Season of the Splicer gameplay trailer below.
Here’s an overview of everything included in Season of the Splicer:
An endless night
The Vex have plunged the Last City into an endless night, threatening the security once found under the Voyager’s watchful presence. It is here, bathed in eternal moonlight, that Ikora reveals the identity of an unlikely ally who could hold the keys to triumph over this attack.
Mithrax, Kell of the House of Light, leads a small group of Eliksni who want to be closer to the Traveler. As a Sacred Splicer, he has the knowledge necessary to combat the Vex technology that entangles the Last City. There is a band of Light here that is shared here … will it be enough?
- Overwrite (Matchmade Activity for 6 players) – Fireteams of six will use Splicer technology to hack the Vex Network. Discover their secrets, steal their code and use their power against them.
- Erasure (Weekly Pinnacle Mission) – Every week, Guardians will discover new vulnerabilities within the Vex network and use splitter keys to infiltrate and collapse it from within.
- The Lost Time Raid returns – Stored deep in the Vault of Glass on Venus is Atheon, Time’s Conflux. Nobody knows what this Vex is. Guardians must access the vault, navigate the fractures of space and time, and end Atheon before it can become an unstoppable threat.
Grow your collection among the stars and forge your look in The Last City. Every journey and Guardian is unique. Your armor should be too.
- With the help of Ada-1, Guardians will recover Braytech secrets from Europe that will allow them to build a device known as the Loom.
- Once operational, Ada-1 will protect the loom in the tower, giving Guardians the ability to craft Synthweave.
- Synthweave unlocks the power to turn almost any armor into a universal ornament.
- 00110111 Over 30 new and acclaimed legendary weapons to crash the Vex Network. Find the perfect weapon, the perfect roll and end this endless night.
- Star-Eater Scales – Allows hunters to indulge in Orbs of Power, charge their Super faster and make it more powerful.
- The path of burning steps – Titan armor that converts Solar eliminations into increased weapon damage and makes them harder to lock with Stasis.
- Boots of the Assembler – Densify the healing or strengthening energy of a Warlock rift into projectiles seeking their allies to bless them with noble benefits.
Of course, Season of the Splicer also includes a new Season Pass – you can get an overview of everything you can earn, here.
Destiny 2 is available now for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X / S, PS4, PS5 and Stadia. The Splicer season kicks off next Tuesday (May 11).
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology