Fortnite update 16.40 adds a new skin and exotic shooter
Fortnite update 16.40 will be released soon on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, PC and Android.
The next major Fortnite update has a May 11 release date on consoles and PC.
As a major numbered update, v16.40 is launching alongside a server outage period starting at 9am BST in the UK.
While there is no official server outage schedule, fans can expect the game to come back online by 11am BST at the latest.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, complete with teasers and streamlined patch notes for update 16.40.
“Your offer will be applied,” read a Fortnite tweet. “The v16.40 game update is scheduled for release on May 11th. Downtime will begin at approximately 04:00 ET (08:00 UTC).”
Based on the wording of Epic’s tweet, some fans believe Fortnite is preparing for a Hunger Games crossover. Participants in the Hunger Games are called Tributes, which ties in with Epic’s teaser.
Epic is also teasing the release of a feminine Oro skin, which you can glimpse in the tweet below.
According to the update 16.40 patch notes, the Exotic Marksman Six Shooter joins the game as the Dub shotgun is vaulted.
You can check out the full list of Fortnite update 16.40 patch notes below.
Fortnite update 16.40 patch notes …
New additions …
• Line them up and take them down with the Exotic Marksman Six Shooter
• New additions with a summer theme in Creative
• Grab a win in the next Wild Week starting on May 13th
• As part of this update, we jump over the exotic shotgun The Dub
Update 16.40 General fixes …
• Visual issues on Toon Meowscles and similar outfits on certain platforms.
– We are aware of visual issues with the Toon Meowscles and similar outfits in PC Performance Mode alpha, Nintendo Switch and Android.
• Can’t create system level games between PS5 and PS4 while playing Fortnite.
– When playing Fortnite, players cannot create system-level games with players on both PS5 and PS4.
• Trail color of the Harmonic Axes Pickaxe does not always match the selected style.
– The trail color when swinging the Harmonic Axes Pickaxe does not always match the selected Pickaxe Style.
Update 16.40 Battle Royale fixes …
• Landing at a different location than intended.
– Players will rarely fall to a location other than where they floated after jumping out of the Battle Bus.
• A long press on the inventory button selects the first editable item.
Long press the Inventory button to open the Crafting tab will sometimes allow players to see their first Craftable item selected instead of their equipped item if they have multiple Craftable items in their inventory
• “Hunt Wildlife” Quest does not track progress properly.
– The “Hunt Wildlife” Quest is currently not keeping up with progress.
Update 16.40 Creative fixes …
• HUD displays incorrect memory cost before placing device or gallery.
– Before placing a device or gallery, the placement HUD shows the incorrect memory cost.
• Build is not correct while building / editing in Creative.
– Fast edit / triple edit builds will sometimes not edit the selected piece properly in creative mode.
• Prop-O-Matic functions are not working properly.
– We are investigating an issue that is causing the Prop-O-Matic features to not work properly.
• The “Recent Islands” list is not updated.
– We are investigating an issue where the “Recent Islands” list is not updated after entering an island.
• Small white boxes appear on the consumable thumbnails.
– We’re investigating an issue that causes small white boxes to appear on consumable thumbnails.
Update 16.40 Mobile fixes …
• Players cannot change their custom controller settings while playing Nintendo Switch in dock mode.
– In linked mode, players will be prompted with “Keep these video settings?” message and cannot change their custom controls.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology