Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios bring their seafaring trading simulator Port Royale 4 to the Nintendo Switch on May 28. This very first appearance of the 17th century trading simulator on the Switch has been specially designed to take advantage of the console’s features, including full touchscreen support.
Port Royale 4 players will see the role of a young and ambitious governor in control of a burgeoning colony in the Caribbean. It is up to the players to join one of the colonial powers of the time (England, Spain, France and the Netherlands) and develop their small settlement into a busy and prosperous trading city.
Players can build production chains connecting multiple islands and then create complex trade routes across the region. However, money and success receive unwanted attention and players should watch out for pirates and other hijackers who want a chest of easy gold.
- Four colonial powers: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each offering different benefits and unique gameplay styles.
- Four single player campaigns that follow each country.
- Four different character classes: The Explorer, Merchant, Buccaneer and Pirate.
- Set up trade routes with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge game world that covers an area of 12 million square kilometers.
- Navigate cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather areas.
- Produce goods such as rum, luxury and more from 50 different buildings.
- Build city buildings with neighborhood effects.
- Sail with 18 historically authentic ships from the late 16th and 17th centuries.
- Engage in tactical turn-based naval battles against mighty captains.
- Build a reputation with the chosen super power to unlock licenses, building permits, new buildings and ships.
Port Royale 4 drops anchor on the Nintendo Switch on May 28.