Biomutant is finally here, and THQ Nordic provides a bit of an overview of how the game will run on the different platforms it will launch on. We deviate a bit from how these things are usually done, we have multiple videos with similar visuals but running on different platforms – you can watch the game on the base Xbox One and PS4 (where it will run at 1080p / 30fps ) and the Xbox One X / PS4 Pro (where it runs at 1080p / 60fps).
The most impressive of the bunch is of course the PC. The footage shown here is 4K / 60fps, although the performance is unlimited in reality.
That PC footage actually looks pretty good! Unfortunately, there is no video showing what Biomutant will look like on Xbox Series X / S or PS5, although the game does not natively support next-gen consoles, so it would basically look like the Xbox One X / PS4 Pro versions except with better performance. Didn’t keep track of Biomutant? These are the main features of the game:
- A new take on third-person combat: The martial arts style combat system gives you maximum freedom of movement and agility while combining shooting, melee and powers of your mutations.
- Evolve your gameplay: You can recode your genes to change the way you look and play.
- Next level of crafting: Mix and match parts to create your own unique single or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
- Prepare for Adventure: You have complete freedom in equipping your character. Not just when it comes to choosing weapons you’ve crafted, but what kind of gear you’ll be wearing.
- Survive in a vibrant open world: You create your own adventure as you explore the open world and what’s beneath the surface, on foot, mech, jet ski, hot air balloon and more.
- An unusual story with an unusual ending: A plague ravages the land and the tree of life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes are divided, they need someone strong enough to unite them or take them all down …
Biomutant scampers PC, Xbox One and PS4, and Xbox Series X / S and PS5 via backward compatibility, on May 25.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology