The last famitsu issue has a new cover marking the launch of Guilty Gear Endeavor. This includes an interview with Daisuke Ishiwatari and Akira Katano of Arc System Works. In the interview, Ishiwatari and Katano explained the reasoning behind many changes made to the latest fighting game series title. [Thanks, Ryokutya.]
Here are some highlights from famitsu‘s latest interview with Daisuke Ishiwatari and Akira Katano:
- “(We’ve revamped everything because) when we’ve been creating extensions until now, it’s been hard for a new player base to get in. We’re also aware of the groundbreaking global market.”
- “In the current situation, development costs are going up while the number of users is going down. We want many people to Guilty Gear mark and play the game.”
- “Another reason for that is that we wanted to make a drastic change somewhere.”
- “I-No’s design becoming more obedient is not censorship. We’ve changed the presentation to allow even more people to play like her.”
- “The amount of combos is reduced, but that also makes short combos perform better.”
- “We understand there are pros and cons, but we’ve also scrapped common techniques. So that people from all walks of life can stand on the same starting line.”
- “Not including Venom at launch was a courageous decision.”
- “The DLC will have a good balance between new and existing characters.”
One point in the interview came up with the mention of Venom, a recurring serial character who appeared from Guilty Gear X to the XR series. Although the starting list of XR‘s first title Sign including Venom, he didn’t make it in the to strive launch list. Arc System Works has yet to officially name one of the five DLC characters that will join Guilty Gear Endeavor through the first season pass.
Guilty Gear Endeavor will officially launch for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC on June 11, 2021. Players who have purchased the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition will be able to play the game immediately through early access.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology