Koch Media’s big announcement today is the creation of a new premium label called Prime Matter. Headquartered in Munich, it offers a rich portfolio of titles in many different genres.
Koch Media CEO Klemens Kundratitz stated:
Over the past 25 years of success, we have seen Koch Media grow significantly. From ambitious Indians taking their first step and needing full development and publishing support without compromising their dream, to major studios needing our established global distribution and publishing network; the more possibilities we created, the more logical it made sense to add an extra string to our bow.
Prime Matter is a new home for premium games, offering both current and future partners
all the expertise of the Koch Media Group together with a new and dynamic team dedicated to
maximize their true potential. The core of the video game industry is, of course, entertainment. Prime Matter will constantly seek to innovate and inspire gamers in all its activities, while maintaining the fundamental values of what makes our industry so special; it’s intrinsically fun.
Mario Gerhold, Global Brand & Marketing Director (Games) at Koch Media Group, added:
Games come from the minds and hearts of the developers. Prime Matter is aimed at
maximizing this potential of the studios while strengthening their dream or vision; one of the
our core values are to empower and support the studios, giving them the opportunity and freedom to express themselves in their game as they deserve.
The new label starts with a bang. Prime Matter today announced a series of publishing partnerships and brand new IPs already in development.
- Payday 3 – by Starbreeze Studios, the latest upcoming installment in this high-speed, first-person co-op shooter set in a Hollywood-esque setting, allowing players to live out the fantasy of a world-class career criminal who joins the legendary PAYDAY gang and master the art of robbery.
- Crossfire: Legion – Smilegate and Prime Matter team up to release the RTS game Crossfire: Legion from Canadian developer Blackbird Interactive. The world of Crossfire provides the perfect scenario and setting for an RTS thanks to its unique approach to futuristic global warfare and warring factions.
- The new Painkiller game – The legendary Painkiller is back and is being developed by Saber Interactive.
- King’s Bounty II – King’s Bounty II, developed by 1C Entertainment (Russia), is the RPG successor to the well-known franchise that defined the RPG strategy world at the time.
- (New IP address) Scars above – by Mad Head Games (Serbia) is a dark sci-fi action-adventure in which a lone protagonist must survive in a hostile nightmare world.
- (New IP address) Code name final form (working title) – from the Polish developers Reikon Games, it is a futuristic FPS full of adrenaline, where the player takes on the role of a cybernetic Valkyrie who saves humanity from extinction.
- Gungrave GORE – a stylish third-person action shooter from South Korean Studio IGGYMOB, where you take on the role of Grave, a resurrection gunslinger and badass anti-hero of your dreams, mowing down tons of enemies in a bloody ballet of bullets.
- (New IP address) dolmen – Developed by the Brazilian Massive Work Studio. DOLMEN is a terrifying new action RPG that combines futuristic Sci-Fi and Lovecraftian Cosmic Horror.
- (New IP address) The Last Oricru -From the mind of developers GoldKnights (Czech Republic) comes The Last Oricru, a third-person action RPG set in a unique middle-aged environment combined with sci-fi elements.
- (New IP address) Echoes of the End (working title) – Developed by Icelandic studio Myrkur Games, it is a story-driven single-player action-adventure set in a unique fantasy world, following the story of Ryn in search of her real goal.
- (New IP address) the singing (working title) – Developed by Canadian Studio Brass Token, their upcoming psychological thriller is an atmospheric 3rd person psychedelic horror adventure.
- (New IP address) encapsulated – from Russian developer Dark Crystal Games, a classic RPG in which the player is on a mission to discover the secrets of an alien civilization.
- Kingdom Come Deliverance from Warhorse Studios (Czech Republic) is coming to Nintendo Switch in partnership with Saber Interactive (the makers of The Witcher III: Wild Hunt port).
In addition, Prime Matter will also be the new home for Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord (coming to consoles and retail) and some of Koch Media’s legacy titles, including the new Kingdom Come Deliverance game in development at Warhorse and the upcoming next-gen game. version of Outside.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology