Forza Horizon 5 was undoubtedly one of the highlights of Microsoft’s Xbox & Bethesda E3 2021 showcase. The new installment of Playground Games’ open world racing game franchise, set in Mexico, launches on November 9.
After the reveal, the developers shared new information about the game on the official Forza website. It seems that Forza Horizon 5 is quite demanding as the resolution and frame rate targets are [email protected] FPS on Xbox Series X and [email protected] on Xbox Series S. It’s really only available while browsing cars in Forzavista.
You can also expect powerful all-new graphics features like HDR shots of the vibrant Mexican sky, expansive vistas and unparalleled attention to detail. Available in 4K 30 FPS on Xbox Series X (1080p 30 FPS on Xbox Series S) with an optional 60 FPS performance mode and ray tracing added to cars in Forzavista, you’ll be immersed in the open world of Horizon like never before.
Of course, Forza Horizon 5 looked great even without ray-trace effects, as evidenced by the direct feed screenshots we’ve embedded in the gallery below. That said, it’s strange that Microsoft, the maker of the DirectX Raytracing API, isn’t pushing all that much to include ray tracing in its first-party games.
Here’s an overview of Forza Horizon 5, straight from the official factsheet.
- A diverse open world – Lead breathtaking expeditions through a world of striking contrast and beauty. Discover living deserts, lush jungles, historic cities, hidden ruins, pristine beaches, vast canyons and a towering snow-capped volcano.
- An adventurous open world – Immerse yourself in an in-depth campaign with hundreds of challenges that reward you for doing the activities you love. Meet a new character and choose the results of their Horizon Story missions.
- An Evolving Open World – Take on awe-inspiring weather like towering dust storms and intense tropical storms as Mexico’s unique, dynamic seasons change the world every week. Keep coming back to Forza Horizon 5 for new events, challenges, collectibles and rewards, and new areas to explore. No two seasons will ever be the same.
- A social open world – Team up with other players and enter the Horizon Arcade for an ongoing series of fun, over-the-top challenges that keep you and your friends in the action without menus, loading screens or lobbies. Meet new friends in Horizon Open and Tours and share your creations with new community gifts.
- Your open world – Create your own expressions of fun with the powerful new EventLab gameplay toolset, including custom races, challenges, stunts and all-new game modes. Personalize your cars in more ways than ever before with new body kits, wheels, paint options and more. Use the new Gift Drops feature to share your own creations with the community.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology