Retro and modern games publisher Ziggurat Interactive and developer Abylight Studios have announced their release Prison Tycoon: Under New Management on Steam Early Access on July 1. This reboot of the classic franchise will use all the features fans loved, but with more customizable design tools and an all-new art style.
This reboot of the series gives gamers a new perspective on what it means to be a successful prison guard. Players will have to expand their facility and maintain a balance between the security of the prison and the services it provides, losing the balance can lead to catastrophes, especially for the finances.
To ensure that the prison remains operational, it is essential that players obtain funding from government agencies, manage resources and keep staff happy. Happy staff and good care means happy prisoners…. well, as happy as they can get.
- Build to your own design, build checkpoints, paths, cell blocks and even luxuries like VR therapy rooms.
- Build in five different environments including tropical, tundra, taiga (boreal forest), swamp or desert biomes, each with its own environmental challenges.
- 12 different staff roles available and players must hire them all.
- Maintain a secure facility with guards, cameras, watchtowers and more.
- Evaluate prisoners, rehabilitate them and release them into the world for a new crime free life.
Prison Tycoon: Under New Management will be out on Steam Early Access on July 1.