Days Gone developer Sony Bend has been prominent in the news in recent months. When the game launched on PC, we posted an exclusive interview with two key members of the team. Around that time, a Bloomberg report also revealed that a Days Gone 2 pitch from the Bend team was denied by Sony, which put the studio to work on a new Uncharted game; however, recently they got permission to work on a brand new IP address, and a new vacancy for a Senior Network Programmer implies that it will have some sort of multiplayer functionality.
Sony Bend Studio, the well-known creator of Days gone by, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Siphon filter, is looking for outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in creating our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are looking for a Senior Network Programmer to contribute to our AAA game development process. This position specializes in specific programming areas that focus on supporting low-level network issues (e.g., TCP, UDP, etc.), multiplayer engine design/architecture, PSN platform services, digital rights management, patching, and digital commerce .
- Professional experience within the game industry.
- Professional experience in network/system programming using C/C++.
- Would consider C# or Java as an alternative.
- Low-level network architecture and protocols (e.g., TCP, UDP, rUDP, etc.).
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Strong C/C++ experience.
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with game consoles.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Network game development for game consoles and/or network client application programming for embedded, desktop or mobile environments.
- Data security with untrusted clients, bandwidth optimization and packetization, load balancing and/or host selection in a dynamic environment.
- Security and authentication techniques such as DRM, SSL/crypto, etc.
- Explore new hardware platforms and related APIs.
This isn’t entirely surprising, as the Days Gone 2 field apparently featured cooperative multiplayer. However, it remains to be seen what kind of multiplayer functionality will be included in this brand new project.
Stay tuned to Wccftech and we’ll keep you updated on any news, rumors or leaks about the new game in development at Sony Bend.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology