Fortnite new update adds a new POI and LeBron James skin
Fortnite developer Epic Games is teasing a major new update for Battle Royale.
Despite rumors that Fortnite update 17.20 has been delayed until July 13, Epic seems to be planning to introduce new features sooner rather than later.
A post on the official Epic Games Twitter page warns that players should be on the lookout for invading alien forces.
“Watch out Saucers, this is a doozy!” reads an official Epic tweet. “I just intercepted a call from the IO that alien ground forces have begun mobilizing to the west. Islanders should be wary.’
Interestingly, as you can see from the HYPEX tweet below, Epic has posted alternate teasers in other areas.
One of the images suggests that Epic will add a brand new underground POI to the map. The underground site has a huge UFO buried under rubble.
As HYPEX points out, Epic may be planning to release a content update on July 6 to make up for the lack of a major new download. Express Online will keep this story informed of new developments.
It has been confirmed elsewhere that Epic is getting ready to release a new LeBron James skin, which will be part of the Icon series.
The LeBron James skin is reportedly launching alongside a selection of new challenges, as well as a special Golden Slider.
With a new update rolling in, below you can see a selection of early patch notes and key issues under investigation.
Fortnite update 17.20 patch notes…
• The Arena Division/Tournament Details button is currently unresponsive on the controller.
– We are aware that the Arena Division/Tournament details button is currently unresponsive on the controller. We are working on a solution to this problem.
• ‘Hold Inventory’ hotkey to access the Crafting menu does not work.
– The ‘Hold Inventory’ shortcut for the Crafting menu simply leads to the Inventory menu instead of the Crafting menu.
• Player may encounter an infinite loading screen when leaving the island.
– We are investigating an issue that causes players to encounter an infinite loading screen when they leave the island.
Save the world…
• Saurian Vigor Perk stops working after respawn
– The Saurian Vigor Perk (restores health every 5 seconds) would stop working after a player respawned.
General issues are being investigated…
• Xbox players who leave the party when they return to the lobby.
– Xbox players can leave their party when they return to the lobby. (Note that affected players will not be blocked from reuniting with the party.)
• New items automatically equipped after they are picked up.
– New items that are picked up are automatically equipped under certain circumstances.
• Cannot run Last Forever Emote.
– Players may not be able to run the Last Forever emote after selecting it.
• Difficulty scrolling through the player list on the Voice Chat tab on the controller.
– Players on the controller may have trouble scrolling through the player list in the Voice Chat tab if the player list is long.
• Xbox players may not be able to resubscribe to Fortnite Crew.
– Xbox players may not be able to re-subscribe to the Fortnite Crew due to outstanding balances on the account. The UI can trap players in a loop and should be resolved through Xbox’s account management website.
Battle Royale issues are being investigated…
• Epic Chests sometimes don’t provide weapons in Arena.
– We are aware that players can sometimes search an Epic Chest in Arena and not receive a weapon. We are investigating the problem.
• Certain vehicles are not allowed to fish.
– We are aware of an issue that prevents players from using a fishing rod while sitting in the passenger seat of a powerboat or in the retrieval bin of an OG Bear truck.
• Props drive vehicles erratically.
– Driving a vehicle disguised as a prop will cause the vehicle to drive erratically.
• Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player has left the team.
– If a player leaves the team during a match, the team cannot open a Cosmic Chest during the match.
• “Bars” appear as 0 in the lobby when opening the game.
– When opening the game, the players’ Bar Total is displayed as 0 in the Lobby. This problem is only visual: players still have all their bars.
• Cosmic Chest timers can remain on screen when a Bounty is poached.
– Players can continue to see the Cosmic Chest timer at 0:00 if they have an active Bounty being poached by an enemy player while opening the chest.
• Fire temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
– To address a stability issue, fire has been temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology