The second Developer Diary for the game, Lemnis Gate, has been released. While it’s short, quite a bit of information is revealed in the video, including the beta days for Lemnis Gate.
Lemnis Gate has four game modes:
- Get XM
- Death Match
- Search and destroy
The gameplay of Retrieve XM, Domination and Seek and Destroy has already been shown, which were revealed in the livestream about 2 weeks ago. Most of the gameplay focused on Retrive XM and Domination.
Retrieve XM is Lemnis Gate’s version of “Capture the Flag”. 4 Exotic Matter, or “XM”, are scattered around the map and players must take them to their “Gate” (spawn point). The player or team with the most XM collected at the end of the fifth round wins that half of the match.
Domination requires a player or team to capture control points (known as “particle accelerators”) by dealing damage to them. The player or team with the most particles caught accelerated at the end of the fifth round wins that half of the match.
Seek and Destroy speaks for itself: one team/player defends 2 goals and the other team/player has to destroy them. Attackers and defenders earn points depending on how many targets they destroy or keep alive respectively.
Death Match is a newly revealed game mode. An FPS staple, there are no targets and instead focuses on killing the enemy agents directly. Death Match also features the turn-based, 25-second time-loop mechanism, so it’ll be interesting to see how this new twist on the classic FPS mode plays out.
Simultaneous Game Mode
Game modes have 1v1 modes and 2v2 modes. While turn-based is the core experience of Lemnis Gate, there will be “simultaneous” game modes where players take turns at the same time, rather than one player taking turns at a time.
In short, here’s how the game modes are played in each scenario:
- 1v1 turn-based: player A goes first in round 1. Then player B takes turn in round 1. Player A takes turn in round 2, then player B has his turn in round 2, and so on.
- 1v1 Simultaneous: Player A and Player B take turns simultaneously in Round 1. Then Player A and Player B take turns simultaneously in Round 2, and so on.
- 2v2 turn-based: Players A and C are on one team and Players B and D are on the other. Player A’s turn, then player B, then player C, then player D. Essentially, teams and players alternate.
- 2V2 teammates play together: Players A and C take turns at the same time. Then it is payer B and D’s turn at the same time.
- 2v2 enemies play together: player A and player B alternate. Then it is players C and D’s turn. Essentially, 1 player from each team takes a turn at the same time each time.
- 2v2 Simultaneous: All 4 players from each team take turns at the same time each round.
Lemnis Gate also has an offline mode where players can take their turn by moving the controller around before each turn.
Lemnis Gate beta date
The beta for Lemnis Gate will run from July 22 to July 26, which means that the beta will run and end approximately 1 week before release.
All seven agents will be available in the beta, in addition to four maps and two game modes.
By participating in the beta, players get a “one-time hex grid”, which contains unique cosmetic items for the agents and weapons.
If you pre-order the game before its August 3 release, you’ll also get an exclusive cosmetic operative and weapon skin for one of the staff members KARL. If you pre-order you will also get 20% off the base price of the game.
The post Lemnis Gate beta date and game modes released appeared first on Gamezo.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology