League of Legends event guide
It’s already launched today in League of Legends as part of the new Sentinels of Light event.
But while there’s plenty to see at the moment, more is planned in the coming weeks.
The main draw is Askan, a new LoL champion who will make his debut later this month.
Developers Riot Games have decided to make this a crossover event, meaning Askan the Rogue Sential won’t be limited to just League.
Akshan, the Rogue Sentinel, is the first Riot champion to release all games from the League universe during the same event.
He plunges into battle against Ruination with a sacred relic weapon, exacting revenge on enemies and redeeming fallen allies.
The new LoL Champions is not yet playable in its final, but it does have a pretty handy event schedule to follow.
According to the latest guides from Riot Games, this is when Akshan releases on the following dates:
- Legends of Runeterra on July 14th
- Teamfight Tactics on July 21
- League of Legends on July 22 (includes a Cyber Pop Akshan skin)
- League of Legends: Wild Rift on July 27 (includes a Battle Academia Akshan skin).
With Askan appearing in League of Legends later this month, it’s worth checking out all the things that can be enjoyed today.
The new in-client story experience, “Rise of the Sentinels”, gives players a way to experience the story of League through the eyes of a rookie member of the Sentinels as lasting change comes to the world of Runeterra.
During the experience, players travel through Runeterra to recruit new allies and battle Viego.
And it should also be noted that, like other parts of this new League event, Rise of the Sentinels will be released in weekly chapters, with players completing in-game missions to get through it.
The good news is that Rise of the Sentinels is free to play so players can fully experience the story without paying, and there will be a total of 11 new skins to try out. The 11 new, in-canon skins show champions as they appear in Rise of the Sentinels and will follow the following release schedule:
- Sentinel Vayne (legendary), Sentinel Olaf, Sentinel Irelia, Sentinel Riven and Sentinel Diana
- Ruined Pantheon
- Sentinel Graves (legendary), Sentinel Pyke and Sentinel Rengar
- Devastated Miss Fortune
- Unbound Thresh (Eventshop exclusive to first launch)
- An exclusive event Ascended Pantheon Prestige Edition skin shows an alternate timeline in which the human spirit triumphs in Pantheon Ruination.
Riot Games also unveiled Ultimate Spellbook, League’s first new event game mode since 2018, which will also be released during Sentinels of Light. Each player gains the Ultimate ability of a second champion that they can use during the game in addition to their own ability.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology