Paramount+ has added several actors to its cast for The offer, the upcoming limited series detailing the making of behind the scenes the godfather. Justin Chambers (Grey’s Anatomy) as screen legend Marlon Brando, who played the title role of Don Vito Corleone in the film, and Patrick Gallo (the Irishman) as Godfather creator, author and co-screenwriter Mario Puzo.
In addition, The offer added Burn Gorman (the vastness), Josh Zuckerman (important mother), Meredith Garretson (Resident Alien), Nora Arnezeder (safe house), Paul McCrane (Everyone get up), Anthony Skordi (Catch-22), Jake Cannavale (The Mandalorian), James Madio (Jersey Boys), Michael Rispoli (The Deuce), Stephanie Koenig (The stewardess), Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk), Frank John Hughes (catch me if you can) and Danny Nucci (The Fosters).
The group joins Miles Teller (Top Gun: Maverick), Matthew Goode (Downton Abbey), Dan Fogler (Fantastic Beasts), Giovanni Ribisi (sneaky Piet) and Colin Hanks (Life in pieces). The offer will be based on “the never-before-seen experiences of Oscar and Golden Globe-winning producer Albert S. Ruddy” during his journey to the godfather made.
- Gorman plays Charles Bluhdorn, “the volatile head of Gulf & Western.”
- Zuckerman is Peter Bart, an executive who bought Puzo’s the godfather and hired Coppola to direct the film.
- Garretson is “actress Ali MacGraw at the beginning of her career.”
- Arnezeder plays Francoise Glazer, “owner of Chateau Marmont and wife of Al Ruddy (Teller).”
- McCrane is Jack Ballard, “head of physical production for Paramount Pictures.”
- Skordi plays Carlo Gambino, “the infamous mobster and head of the five crime families.”
- Cannavale portrays Caesar, “faithful soldier of the Colombo family”.
- Madio is Gino, “Soldier in the Colombo crime family.”
- Rispoli plays Tommy Lucchese, “head of one of the five mafia crime families.”
- Koenig portrays Andrea Eastman, “head of casting for Paramount Pictures.”
- Ferrigno is Lenny Montana, “the former wrestler and mafia enforcer that Luca Brasi played in” the godfather.”
- Hughes plays ‘iconic singer Frank Sinatra’.
- Nucci is Congressman Mario Biaggi, “an influential politician with his sights set” the godfather.”
Despite being one of the most critically acclaimed films of all time, the godfather had a very dramatic behind-the-scenes story as the studio thought Coppola was too inexperienced to make a film of this magnitude, arguing over the casting, production delays and more. Godfather star Marlon Brando, who would win an Academy Award for his portrayal of family patriarch and mob boss Vito Corleone, even threatened to quit the film if Coppola was fired. Nearly 50 years since its release, the godfather is still as famous as it was then.
The 10-episode series was created by Oscar and Emmy nominee Michael Tolkin, who co-produced and co-wrote the series with Nikki Toscano. Toscano will also serve as showrunner. Teller and Ruddy will also serve as executive producers on the series alongside Leslie Grief with Dexter Fletcher (Rocketman) set to direct.
Funnily enough, a movie is currently being made about the tumultuous events behind the making of the godfather from director Barry Levinson. True The offer will be told from Ruddy’s perspective, Francis and the godfather comes from Coppola’s with Oscar Isaac (Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker) playing Coppola, Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale) play his wife Eleanor and Jake Gyllenhaal (Spider-Man: Far From Home) playing Robert Evans.
Ricky Church – Follow me on Twitter for more movie news and nerd talk.