Death Stranding creator Hideo Kojima has taken to Twitter to voice his thoughts on naming the upcoming Director’s Cut version of the game.
Death Stranding: Director’s Cut is an enhanced version of the game coming to PlayStation 5 later this year. In addition to offering next-gen PS5 improvements, the version of the title also includes additional weapons, gear and vehicles, a variety of new modes, missions and areas to explore, expanded storylines and UI improvements.
On Twitter, Kojima has now said that he disagrees with the naming of the version, as nothing has been cut from the game. Rather, the Director’s Cut contains additional content that was not included with the original game.
“A director’s cut in a movie is an extra edit to a shortened version that was either reluctantly released because the director had no right to edit it, or because the running time had to be shortened,” Kojima wrote on Twitter.
He added: “In the game, it’s not what was cut, but what was additionally produced that was recorded. [Director’s] Plus? So in my opinion I don’t like to call “director’s cut”.
An interesting take from Kojima on the naming of the upcoming PS5 version of the game.
In other Death Stranding related news; as revealed by PlayStation Game Size, the Director’s Cut will weigh 68,627 GB on PlayStation 5. For reference, the PS4 version of the original version clocked in at 55 GB – a decent increase in size.
Death Stranding: Director’s Cut Coming September 24 on PS5this.
PlayStation 5 Features
- Experience environmental effects with the haptic feedback of the DualSense wireless controller.
- Get closer to the world of Death Stranding with custom adaptive trigger resistance.
- Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (compatible headphones required).
- Jump into action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant loading times.
- Choose from two picture modes: Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K, both with ultra-wide and HDR support.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology