An incoming NieR Automata Steam patch will include several new visual features in addition to bug fixes.
In April of this year, Square Enix finally announced an upgrade patch for the problematic PC version. After this announcement it fell silent again – until today.
On Steam, Square Enix has now confirmed that a new patch for the title will be released later this week on July 15.
This new Steam patch includes several new visual features, including support for Fidelity FX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS) to sharpen images. In addition, the patch introduces 60FPS cutscenes, borderless video settings, and 4K UI textures. Additionally, the new Steam update includes a new “Global lighting” feature in addition to anti-aliasing and Ambient Occlusion/Blooming tweaks.
We have the official release notes for this highly anticipated patch below:
NieR Automata Steam Patch July 15 Release Notes
▼ Changes made
- Borderless video settings
- Borderless video settings are implemented.
- Fidelity FX
- A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
- The system will now detect if HDR is activated in the Windows display settings and will automatically launch the game in HDR mode if it is.
- Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
- UI textures (4K)
- About 270 UI textures for icons, backgrounds and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- Cut Cut
- The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cutscenes have been adjusted so that they can now be played in 60 FPS and displayed in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the image.
- Global Enlightenment
- A new “Global Lighting” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, medium or low.
- Environmental occlusion/bloom
- The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
▼ Bug fixes
- It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pressing the Alt + Enter keys simultaneously.
- The mouse cursor no longer appears when using a gamepad controller.
- The frame rate is stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
- Other stability-related fixes have also been implemented.
NieR: Automata is now available worldwide for PC and consoles.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology