Indie developer Digital Confectioners has announced their multiplayer RPG dreaded hunger exit Early Access this fall for a full release on Steam. This game of survival and betrayal takes players to the high seas aboard a doomed sailing ship. Also released today is a trailer for the game’s second update (watch the trailer below) featuring a new map, character and enemy.
dreaded hunger takes 8 players to a 19th century Arctic exploration vessel where they depend on each other for survival, but two players become ‘Thralls’ and do everything they can to sabotage the mission. All explorers will have to work together to gather resources to power the ship and survive the harsh conditions, while the Thralls will conspire to poison food, kill crew members, detonate explosives, loot resources and cast dark magic. while trying to remain undiscovered.
The game features:
- Make a fire to keep warm and to repel wolves and worse. Hunt for food to stay alive in the unforgiving Canadian Arctic.
- Betray friends with poisoned food, shoot them in the back, or hex them with black magic.
- Choose from multiple characters including Captain, Navigator, Engineer, Cook, Doctor, Chaplain, Royal Marine or Hunter.
- Make stark choices about what to eat in this inhospitable environment (there are no supermarkets in the Arctic!).
- Send a 19th-century ship around the Arctic and do what you can to keep it afloat or sinking.
- Plan a full day and night cycle and survive snow storms.
“It was very gratifying to see a loyal community spring up in the neighbourhood dreaded hunger and plunges into everything from discovering new metas to just acting silly and pretending to be old-fashioned priests. We’ve been listening to the community’s feedback as we move through Early Access, and I think the game is so much better for it!” said Alex Quick, Creative Director of the Dread Hunger Team.
dreaded hunger is available now on Steam Early Access and will be out in full this fall.