NiThe NieR Automata Steam release has finally received its first major patch and some new comparison videos highlight the differences between the original version and the patched version.
The new videos, curated by KyoKat PC Gameplay and 7AM Cafecito, show how some of the new options, like the Global Illumination settings, bring some very slight visual improvements, but these minor improvements still can’t compare to those of mods. In addition, the game still seems to suffer from the same performance issues that have affected the game since its launch.
The highly anticipated NieR Automata Steam patch went live yesterday, introducing some new features and fixes such as Fidelity FX CAS support, better anti-aliasing, new UI textures, and more.
▼ Changes made
- Borderless video settings
- Borderless video settings are implemented.
- Fidelity FX
- A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
- The system will now detect if HDR is activated in the Windows display settings and will automatically launch the game in HDR mode if it is.
- Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
- UI textures (4K)
- About 270 UI textures for icons, backgrounds and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cutscenes from NieR Automata have been adjusted so that they now play in 60 FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the image.
- Global Enlightenment
- A new “Global lighting” function has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, medium or low.
- Environmental occlusion/bloom
- The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
▼ Bug fixes
- It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pressing the Alt + Enter keys simultaneously.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a gamepad controller.
- The frame rate is stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
- Other stability-related fixes have also been implemented.
NieR Automata is now available worldwide on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology