Fortnite update 17.20 launches on July 20
Fortnite fans are counting down to the release of the 17.20 update on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Android.
The highly anticipated Fortnite update has finally received a release date from Epic Games.
Fortnite fans can download the new patch at 7:30 PM UK time on the morning of July 20. Needless to say, the update will launch alongside the server downtime, which will likely last until about 10am.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, along with a preview of what’s to come in Update 17.20.
“Get on your way to becoming a champion with the upcoming Bugha’s Late Game mode,” reads an epic tweet.
“Fortnite v17.20 is scheduled to release on July 20. In preparation for the update, services will be disabled from approximately 02:30 AM ET (06:30 UTC). Please note that this is an earlier time than normal.”
According to Epic Games, career stats will be affected by the new update, but should be restored once the downtime ends.
Furthermore, Epic Games has confirmed plans to add a Preferred Item Slots feature to the game. This gives users the chance to automatically assign weapon pick-ups to preset slots.
You can see the remaining Fortnite update 17.20 patch notes below…
Fortnite update 17.20 patch notes…
• New items automatically equipped after they are picked up.
– New items that are picked up are automatically equipped under certain circumstances.
• Grimey Outfit reactivity does not work.
– Grimey Outfit’s reactivity feature is not working.
• Difficulty scrolling through the player list on the Voice Chat tab on the controller.
– Players on the controller may have trouble scrolling through the player list in the Voice Chat tab if the player list is long.
• Cannot run Last Forever Emote.
– Players may not be able to run the Last Forever emote after selecting it.
• Lighting issues that occur in Replay mode.
– We are investigating an issue that may cause the lighting to appear darker than normal in playback mode.
• An incorrect sight appears when using Rail Gun while playing in Creative.
– We are investigating an issue causing an incorrect sight to appear when using Rail Gun while playing in creative.
• Player may encounter an infinite loading screen when leaving the island.
– We are investigating an issue that causes players to encounter an infinite loading screen when they leave the island.
• Cableways temporarily disabled.
– Ziplines are temporarily disabled due to an issue.
• Vendor Rifts temporarily disabled.
– Due to an issue, cracks obtained from suppliers have been temporarily disabled.
• Epic Chests sometimes don’t provide weapons in Arena.
– We are aware that sometimes players can search an epic chest or stock drop in Arena and not receive a weapon. We are investigating the problem.
• The Arena Division/Tournament Details button is currently unresponsive on the controller.
– We are aware that the Arena Division/Tournament details button is currently unresponsive on the controller. We are working on a solution to this problem.
• ‘Hold Inventory’ hotkey to access the Crafting menu does not work.
– The ‘Hold Inventory’ shortcut for the Crafting menu simply leads to the Inventory menu instead of the Crafting menu.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology