Capcom has confirmed the existence of various bugs in Monster Hunter Stories 2 and stated that it is working to fix the issues with later updates. One of the bugs was one where players couldn’t play the final cutscene, as well as one where a Monstie’s color would change once an element’s attack power exceeded their original element.
The company specifically addressed four different bugs in version 1.1.0:
- Players will not be able to play the last cutscene of the story
- Recommended to save often and restart the game regularly
- Monstie’s body color changes when their primary element is changed
- Error message “Corrupt data found” when accessing multiplayer features
- n.a. 99 Monsties returns to Lv. 1 after saying goodbye and then adding them back to the party
Notably, while the ability to change a Monstie’s primary element and body color was a feature in the previous game, the inclusion of the feature in Monster Hunter Stories 2 is actually a bug.
In an interview with Siliconera, director Kenji Oguro stated that the ability to change a Monstie’s element was left out to prioritize developing strengths for their original properties. Capcom states that it will fix the color change bug in a later update.
Monster Hunter Stories 2 is available immediately on Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology