A new Warhammer: Vermintide II PS5 update has been implemented, increasing framerate and resolution, in addition to several visual improvements.
The new 1.23 update (and 1.24 hotfix) is also available on PlayStation 4, but the performance update is only available on Sony’s next-gen console. The PS5’s performance update allows the game to run in 60FPS and 1440p (versus 30FPS and 1080p). In addition, PS5 players can enjoy several graphical improvements, including reflections in screen space, higher density scattering, more shadow-casting lights, and improved shadow quality.
The new patch also includes numerous fixes and tweaks (for PS5 and PS4). You will find the full release notes for the update below:
Warhammer Vermintide II PS5 Update Release Notes (PS5/PS4)
Hot fix 1.24
- Fixed an issue where players on PS5 and PS4 Pro could not use Map of Holsehera in chaos waste.
Update 1.23 Patch Notes
PS5 PERFORMANCE UPDATE
- 30 fps -> 60 fps
- 1080p -> 1440p
- Improved shadow quality
- More shadow-casting lights
- Higher Density Scattering
- Reflections in the screen space
- Fixed some miscellaneous crashes.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when a client tries to lift an AI unit with the Lifestaff already spawned on the server.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if a player somehow tried to join a lobby as “Prologue Kruber”.
- Fixed a crash caused by changing the skin on a melee weapon equipped in a ranged lock.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if a terror event was spawned while a level was unloading.
- Fixed a crash caused when SotT is despawned (die or leaves the game) before a placed Wall of Thorns expires.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when an enemy marked by Kerillian’s Trueshot enabled ability was killed by another source.
HEROES AND WEAPONS
- Fixed some Javelin melee attacks that count as range kills
- Fixed Rapier special sidearm shots that count as melee kills.
- Javelin automatically resolves a light attack after a charged attack if the player has a high attack speed.
- Fixed an issue where Bounty Hunter’s ‘Just Rewards’ would not work when the ranged crit is activated with the ‘Locked and Loaded’ ability itself.
- The animation of Bounty Hunter’s career opportunities can now be scaled properly with speed improvements.
- Saltzpyre may no longer get stuck aiming (third person) after shooting the crossbow.
- Fixed an issue where Sienna would remain completely slowed down despite blowing down below the threshold.
- Fixed an issue where the Trollhammer torpedo showed the ammo when it ran out of ammo.
- Fixed a minor animation issue on Kerillian’s Greatsword where transitioning from a light attack to a heavy charge caused a flickering frame.
- Fixed a minor animation issue with Engineer’s piston when reloading Trollhammer Torpedo.
- Fixed a super minor issue where switching staffs while in the air caused the staff to slide/move strangely.
- Fixed a minor animation issue where a cam arrow could not align properly with a bow.
- Fixed an animation bug where Kerillian would get stuck when aiming with her bows (third person) if she fired too fast.
Fixed an issue where breakable planks/blocks would still be impassable to players hotjoining a card, even though the party had already broken them, causing the now-joined player to get stuck further back in a level.
- Fixed some Shade items that were misrepresented in Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders.
- Blocked the chat window from accidentally opening when the focus is on the Twitch username text box.
- Fixed a graphical glitch in the Twitch Voice UI.
- The additional resource bars (overload, energy, and career opportunities) now move upwards when Twitch mode is active, so they don’t overlap with the voting UI.
- Changed the Okri Challenges summary to Challenges claimed instead of completed. This fixes an issue that would show incomplete challenges even though all challenges were claimed.
- Fixed illusions showing “n/a illusion” in tooltips instead of the item to which they can be applied.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor could remain on the screen and interactive when the player exits the game while the party is in a Map Shrine.
- Animated portrait frames should now be properly animated in the Chaos Wastes UI.
- Player levels should now display correctly when calling up the player list in the Map Shrine UI.
- Fixed some land geometry that was just out of order.
- Fixed a spot where the terrain was not solid, and fixed a chest and enemy spawn point.
- Made optimizations to reduce hits to FPS in lava-heavy areas.
- Fixed some bits not syncing properly with the network.
The Foetid Gorge
- Fixed an issue where a player who disconnected a barrel could soft-lock the level.
- Fixed several places where players and bots could get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where Olesya could repeat event VO after the event ended if a player re-entered the area that activated the VO line.
Warhammer: Vermintide II is now available worldwide on consoles and PC.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology