Team Asobi, the developer behind Astro’s Playroom on PlayStation 5, looks set to create a new 3D action title.
Astro’s Playroom, which comes as a pack-in title with Sony’s next-gen console, is an excellent showcase for the all-new PlayStation 5 DualSense controller. Moreover, the great platform title highly showcases Sony’s Tempest 3D audio technology.
We were genuinely impressed by Team Asobi’s PS5 tech demo and said we could only hope for a full-fledged Astro release on PS5. Whether this will ever happen remains to be seen, but the Japanese developer seems to be working on a new project as the studio is looking for a game designer to create a new 3D action game.
“Working centered around Level Design, your role will be to create different levels for a 3D action game, each offering great pace and creative situations,” the job description reads. “Your work also includes generating gameplay ideas and guiding their implementation.”
Job responsibilities include “solid level design skills” in addition to “creativity” and “humour”.
Team Asobi Game Designer Responsibilities
- Solid design skills that guide the player well and provide a great pace.
- Bring creativity and humor into play.
- Understand and quickly adapt to the game direction.
- View your own work and the work of other game designers to improve the quality.
- Work with gameplay programmers to fine-tune gameplay components.
- Collaborate with artists on the production of your levels.
- In-house tools and pipeline learning for level design.
- Sketching paper to get your ideas across.
- Manage your own schedule to deliver on time.
An interesting vacancy for sure, and while the listing doesn’t mention that this new project will be a platform title, we can only hope it’s related to the Astro franchise.
Prior to the release of Astro’s Playroom on PlayStation 5, Sony’s own studio worked on The Playroom for PlayStation 4 from 2013 alongside The Playroom VR and Astro Bot Rescue Mission.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology