Age of Empires IV launches later this year, but you have a chance to start the battle early as the game’s closed beta kicks off this week. Canadian AOE4 developer Relic Entertainment promises testers will be able to try out a solid array of content, including four civilizations, multiplayer against other players or AI, and more. Here is the full overview of what’s in the beta.
- Brush up on the basics with our Mission Zero tutorial mission. Arm yourself with knowledge by rebuilding a township and learning important lessons about economics, early combat and other core skills.
- Test your mettle in multiplayer or vs. AI competitions, including up to eight human or AI players. You can play against other Insiders or try out the AI - we collect data on different types of matches, so we encourage you to try all the different modes!
- Experience a wide variety of maps that allow you to customize your own experience. During the closed beta, you can choose from just some of our planned release maps, but don’t worry about choices: each map allows the user to select different sizes and appearances (called “biomes” in-game) ) .
- Try out four of the eight civilizations on launch day. Improve your strategies with the Mongolian, English, Delhi Sultanate and Chinese civilizations – which you can learn more about HERE.
- Observe the games of others. Given its importance to the Age community, the closed beta version will allow participants to check in to other people’s games (as long as the contest host approves!).
If you want to join the Age of Empires IV beta, you need to act FAST, because only those who sign up before 4:59pm PT qualify. Here are the details:
- Sign up as an Age Insider via Tuesday, August 3, 4:59 PM PT / 7:59 PM ET / 11:59 PM UTC.
- Required: Upload your DxDiag file to your Age Insider profile (the closed beta has its own “preview spec”, separate from the recommended specs of the released title).
- Verify your email address – you will receive an email from us directing you through this step immediately after joining the program.
- If you are interested in playing from Steam, link your Steam account and sign up for “Steam Betas” under Beta Preferences.
You must follow the minimum PC specifications to participate:
- operating system: Windows 10
- Processor: 1.7-2.7 GHz (turbo) 4 core: Intel Core i5-4460T (35w) / AMD FX-6300 or better
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphic: NVIDIA GTX 760 / AMD Radeon R7 260X or better with at least 2 GB VRAM
Age of Empires IV is coming to PC on October 28. The closed beta starts this Thursday (August 5) and will run until August 16.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology