CD Projekt Red teased some of the new improvements coming to Cyberpunk 2077 yesterday, but now they’ve pulled the curtain completely back with full patch notes for version 1.3. The update includes the game’s first free DLC, including a new look for Johnny Silverhand, a pair of coats, and an extra vehicle. Not the most exciting – the game’s full expansions are probably a long way off – but it’s something.
As for improvements, the minimap has been made more useful with a zoom function, character respect has been made easier, the number of repositories has been increased, bulk crafting is in, and more. Unfortunately, many players’ main issues with the game, such as the game’s shaky enemy and the police AI, have not gotten any further solutions. Of course, when a game has as many problems as Cyberpunk, no patch, no matter how big, will please everyone.
Here is the overview of the new content in Cyberpunk 2077 ver. 1.7:
- Alternative appearance of Johnny Silverhand – can be enabled in Settings in the “Additional Content” tab.
- Multi-layer syn leather Deltajock jacket, Luminous punk jacket – both available in stock in V’s apartment upon receipt of a message from Viktor after completing The Ride. They are Rare/Iconic quality by default, Crafting Specs to create higher quality will also be unlocked.
- Sagittarius Quartz “Bandit” – Available as a reward or for purchase (depending on the player’s choices) after completing Ghost Town and receiving a message from Dakota or Rogue. If you didn’t get the message, make sure you’re in the Badlands area and move further away from Dakota’s workshop. Dakota also needs a few days to contact you.
And here are some of the major gameplay improvements included in the update:
- Improved zoom level of the mini map while driving so that it is more zoomed out and easier to navigate.
- Automatic Love – screen with images of Skye and Angel is displayed significantly longer, making it easier to choose between the two.
- Added a button to reassign the distribution of Perk points on a character’s skill tree.
- Increased number of autosave slots from 10 to 20 and fast save from 3 to 10 across all platforms.
- Database links added to journal entries.
- Added accessibility option for dot overlay in the center of the screen, which helps reduce/avoid motion sickness. It can be enabled in Settings → Interface → Dot Overlay in the center of the screen.
- Fixers will now message V to list a car for sale less often.
- Improved the Screen Space Reflections effect so that it looks less grainy on consoles and at lower visual settings on PC.
- Added a filter for mission items in the backpack.
- Tag item tags from various Job items are now removed after completing associated quests, allowing them to be sold or removed.
- It is now possible to rotate V in the Inventory with a mouse.
- Players can now properly create a quickhack even if they once created it and then deleted it.
- Added a cyberware comparison tooltip.
- Improved notification when buying cyberware and not meeting the level requirements to equip it.
- It is now possible to bulk upgrade crafting components.
- Added new sleeping arrangements for Nibbles in V.
- The icon on a trash can now turns red when the player picks up a body instead of graying it out.
- The Landmine icon is now grayed out after being disabled.
- It is now possible to use an elevator while wearing a body.
- Happy Together – Barry now has a revamped, more unique look.
- The base item is now highlighted in green, along with other components, if it’s in the inventory when crafting the same better quality item.
Update 1.3 also includes a long, long list of tweaks and bug fixes for specific systems and missions – you can use the full, unabridged patch notes here.
Cyberpunk 2077 is available now on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Stadia, and playable via backwards compatibility on Xbox Series X/S and PS5. CD Projekt Red has no release date for ver. 1.3, just saying it’s coming “soon”.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology