Disney has announced a release date for Star Wars: Visions, a series of nine anime shorts from seven different studios. (Both Science Saru and Studio Trigger worked on two short films each.) They will be released on Disney+ on September 22, 2021. Two versions of the new trailer were also shared. One has an English dub and the other Japanese voice acting with English subtitles.
As a reminder, here’s the full list of studios working on short films for the series.
- Gene Studio – “Lop and Ocho.” It is best known for Golden Kamuy.
- Kamikaze Douga – “The Duel.” It worked on Pop Team Epic and The Bizarre Adventures of JoJo openings for series such as Stardust Crusaders.
- Kinema Citrus – “The Village Bride.” It worked on Is the Order a Rabbit?, Made in the abyss, The Rise of the Shield Hero and Revue Starlight.
- Production IG – “The Ninth Jedi.” In addition to cutscenes for the stories series and Persona 5, it also worked on shows like Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes, Moriarty the patriot, xxxHolic, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
- Science Saru – “Akakiri” and “T0-B1.” It has worked on shows like Devilman crybaby, Japan sinks: 2020, and Adventure Time: Food Chain.
- Studio Colorido – “Tatooine Rhapsody.” Most recently it worked on Pokemon: Twilight Wings and Burn The Witch.
- Studio Trigger – “The Elder” and “The Twins.” In addition to animations for games like Indivisible and Shantae, it worked with movies like Promare and Little Witch Academia and on series like Darling in the Franxx, SSSS.Gridman, BNA: Brand New Animal, and Killed La Killed.
First off, here’s the trailer showing the English dub for this Star Wars anime series short films.
And here is the Star Wars: Visions trailer with English subtitles and Japanese voice acting.
Star Wars: Visions coming to Disney+ on September 22, 2021.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology