Tips for buying a PS5 this Christmas
It’s fair to say that nearly a year since launch, the PS5 supplies haven’t met the demand.
The PlayStation 5 continues to sell out almost immediately after going on sale, to the point where websites have crashed after the stock is released.A
A recent report even suggests that the issuance of PlayStation 5 shares will last until 2023.
The report – posted by Bloomberg – claims Toshiba won’t be able to produce enough of the power-regulating chips needed to make game consoles.
“The supply of chips will remain very tight until at least September next year,” explains Toshiba’s Takeshi Kamebuchi.
“In some cases, we may find that some customers will not be fully served until 2023.”
With Christmas approaching and stocks remaining low, Express Online has put together a list of tips and tricks for customers looking to buy a PS5 in time for the holidays.
There is a list of general stock tips for fans buying online, as well as another for customers looking to buy a PS5 from GAME.
Check out the PlayStation 5 buyer’s guide below for the latest tips and tricks.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when purchasing GAME (via PS5 UK Stock)….
• Familiarize yourself with the bundles so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalone bundles almost impossible. [GAME]
• Click on warning as soon as possible to your first bundle of choice, this will put you in the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it failed at checkout, it means the bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• If you overcharge too quickly, you’ll get a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush. If this happens, please wait for a while and try again. [GAME]
General shopping tips for PlayStation 5…
• Log in if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices as much as possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app to purchase a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts whenever possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Track stock checker accounts and websites including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
Another helpful tip is to visit stores in person, especially now that COVID restrictions have been relaxed.
High street retailers regularly replenish the PlayStation 5, often without major announcement.
It’s also worth following local stores on Twitter, as individual GAME stores sometimes confirm stock through their own smaller Twitter sites.
If you’re really desperate, you can always buy a device from eBay or CEX, but know that you’ll end up paying more.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology
Denial of Responsibility for the Content
Gaming Ideology is a News Source that collects News from different Media Agencies and acts as a News Aggregator. The content you find on our website is freely available on the Internet. We clearly mention the Content Source hyperlinked to its original source. We arrange that content in our platform for our readers for Educational purposes only. All Copyrights & Trademarks belong to their Owners/Authors.
For Content Owners: To remove your content from our website, please contact us by emailing us at: [email protected] and we will remove that content from our website.