New World Update 1.01 is out now on PC
New World Update 1.01 is available for download on PC and Steam.
The Amazon MMORPG has proved incredibly popular since its launch, peaking at nearly 1 million concurrent players on PC gaming platform Steam.
However, one thing that fans have been crying about is the ability to transfer characters to different servers.
Fortunately, New World is one step closer to implementing the feature and laying the groundwork for character server transfer in update 1.01.
The latest New World update also fixes an annoying issue with the game’s queuing system.
According to the patch notes, the game now includes a confirmation screen for when a player tries to exit the queue. This prevents accidents during the queuing process.
Elsewhere, New World update 1.01 fixes a slew of bugs and glitches, particularly with quests and AI.
Unfortunately, the only downside to update 1.01 is that it will launch alongside a period of prolonged server downtime.
The maintenance period for the New World is four hours, which means the game should be back online by 3pm BST.
You can check out the full list of patch notes for New World Update 1.01 below…
New World Update 1.01 Patch Notes…
• We’ve implemented the basics for the character server transfer and you may see elements of that work in the in-game store.
• Modified turret projectiles in War from physical projectiles to use hit scan detection. This should help performance in War, with fewer objects spawned in the world.
• In an effort to prevent players from staying AFK, especially in higher population servers, we’ve made the following adjustments to the AFK prevention system.
• Added additional AFK prevention to ensure that players cannot fool the existing system with simulated mouse movements.
• The AFK warning message shortens from 20 minutes to 15 minutes.
• The AFK disconnection shortens from 25 minutes to 20 minutes.
• We’ve added a confirmation screen when a player tries to queue up for a world, asking the player to confirm if they intend to queue.
– This is to ensure that no one accidentally leaves the queue and misses their place in the queue.
• Fixed a rare issue that caused the interaction key to not work properly on various objects in the world.
• Fixed an issue that prevented the loop from appearing in the “Pirate Stance” emote.
• Fixed an issue where players would not receive a coin as a reward for some activities.
• Fixed a bug where interrupting the fast travel animation could cause the player character to get stuck in a house.
• Fixed an issue in Territory Standing rewards where localized text was missing.
• Fixed an issue where players would be prompted multiple times to claim achievement titles after re-logging into the game despite already claiming the rewards.
• Fixed an issue that caused leg animations to freeze.
• Fixed game crashes related to the New World Twitch integrations.
• Fixed a rare issue where players could enter a state where most attacks could not hit them.
• Fixed an issue where certain item containers could be looted indefinitely.
• Fixed an issue where the event ending notification would sometimes persist after the player left the event.
• Fixed an issue that caused Pastor Walsh to spawn aggressively at the Walsham Point of Interest (POI).
• Fixed an issue that caused enemies to spawn slower than intended in the Bullrush Wash POI.
• Fixed an issue that caused Overseer Zane to respawn more slowly than intended in the “Something to Prove” quest.
• Fixed an issue where Master Zindt duplicated respawns at the Kannan Tomb POI.
• Added missing journal information about the recommended quest level for players trying to unlock the second faction rank.
• Fixed an issue where resetting the “Blessings of the Earth” quest when you have achieved one of the blessings will block progress in the main story quest (MSQ).
• Fixed an issue where the “Azoth Fulminate” mission was not available to players when completing other Windsward missions first.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Goodwill Squashing” quest would prevent the player from obtaining the “Arruda Jam” mission.
• Fixed an issue where the bartender’s conversational state in First Light could enter a state where quests cannot be obtained from the bartender.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Taste for Revenge” mission would prevent the player from obtaining the “Predator, Prey” and “Great Expectations” missions.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Curse of Ebony Hawk” mission prevented the player from getting the “Bond’s Gambit” mission.
• Fixed an issue where completing the mission “The Expedition into Saircor” would prevent the player from obtaining the mission “One Threat at a Time”.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Strength of the Earth” mission prevented the player from getting the “Fading Lights” and “Azure Tears” missions.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Twisted Metamorphosis” quest prevented the player from obtaining the “Blessings of the Fallen” quest.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Facets of Light and Darkness” mission would prevent the player from completing the “Descent to Frosted Slumber” and “Transmuting Iron to Dust” missions.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology
Denial of Responsibility for the Content
Gaming Ideology is a News Source that collects News from different Media Agencies and acts as a News Aggregator. The content you find on our website is freely available on the Internet. We clearly mention the Content Source hyperlinked to its original source. We arrange that content in our platform for our readers for Educational purposes only. All Copyrights & Trademarks belong to their Owners/Authors.
For Content Owners: To remove your content from our website, please contact us by emailing us at: [email protected] and we will remove that content from our website.