Fortnite x Naruto crossover launches with update 18.40
UPDATE: Fortnite developer Epic Games has released update 18.40.
The new Fortnite patch introduces a slew of Naruto cosmetics into the game.
As you can see from the tweet below, this includes skins, backbling, loading screens and harvesting tools.
Epic Games has given fans an inside look at the Tech Legends Pack, while data miners have uncovered details about the new Cube Pyramid POI.
Speaking of secret files, there is an encrypted file that weighs about 1.34 GB!
Needless to say, the game has also been taken offline as part of the update. You must download and install the update before you can start playing.
The game should be back online by 11am GMT UK time, so check back often for the latest updates.
ORIGINAL: Fortnite fans can download a brand new update on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Android, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Fortnite update 18.40 finally adds the Naruto crossover, which includes the Naruto skin, a new Mythic weapon, and possibly even a selection of NPCs from the popular anime.
The Naruto crossover launches alongside a brand new trailer, which can be seen below. (The trailer goes live at 9:00 AM GMT.)
Unfortunately, however, update 18.40 will also launch alongside a period of server downtime, meaning there will be no Battle Royale for a few hours.
According to the Fortnite server’s downtime schedule, the game will be taken offline at 9:00 AM GMT, although services will be shut down at 8:30 AM.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter: “Believe it! The v18.40 update is scheduled to release on November 16. Downtime will begin at 4 AM ET (08:00 UTC), with matchmaking shutting down 30 minutes early.
“Correction: Downtime now starts at 09:00 UTC!”
Elsewhere, update 18.40 is expected to see the Proximity Launcher battle the Flint-Knock Pistol as part of the next funding event.
Speaking of events, expect fans to find clues about the event at the end of the season, while the Tech Legends bundle could also be revealed. You can see the full list of patch notes below.
Fortnite update 18.40 patch notes…
• Cheaters: Eliminated players cannot hear non-eliminated players during the discussion phase.
– We are aware that disabled players will not be able to hear the voice chat of non-disabled players during the discussion phase in Impostors.
Battle Royale Solutions
• Collection book items disappear when using Performance mode.
– Collection book items may appear to be missing when using achievement mode. The progress is still there, but not visually visible.
• Vehicles can be synced when a player leaves the vehicle.
– Some players can be teleported to another location when entering an abandoned vehicle.
• Weapons can sometimes disappear from chests and supply drops.
– Weapons can sometimes disappear from chests and supply drops after opening in competitive playlists. The weapon will appear floating at first and then disappear.
• Multiple selection and moving of buildings to supports will result in consistent misalignment
– We are aware of an issue causing the creators’ buildings to misalign when selecting multiple pieces.
– We are investigating an issue with the Inflate-A-Bull in Creative.
Save the world solutions
• Campfires above lv 130 are displayed as 130
– Campfires higher than 130 will show as 130. This is a UI bug and campfires higher than 130 will still function normally.
• Hero Loadouts in the lobby cannot be traded while using a controller.
– Players may not be able to switch gear in the lobby while using a controller on all platforms.
• 4x missions don’t show the 4x rewards
– 4x missions do not show the 4x rewards in the UI. This is a visual issue and players still need to get the correct rewards
• Players can become invisible to other players after respawning
– Players may appear invisible after being eliminated while a skill is activated.
Nintendo Switch and Mobile Solutions
• Flashlight Weapon produces a black background (Investigations)
– The flashlight weapon will produce a solid black background when used to illuminate an area.
• Changing a setting on Android during a match may cause the game to crash (Researches)
– Changing a setting during a match may cause Fortnite to crash and result in a “Fortnite not responding” message.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology
Denial of Responsibility for the Content
Gaming Ideology is a News Source that collects News from different Media Agencies and acts as a News Aggregator. The content you find on our website is freely available on the Internet. We clearly mention the Content Source hyperlinked to its original source. We arrange that content in our platform for our readers for Educational purposes only. All Copyrights & Trademarks belong to their Owners/Authors.
For Content Owners: To remove your content from our website, please contact us by emailing us at: [email protected] and we will remove that content from our website.