PS5 customers should check the second-hand market
Despite launching just over a year ago, the PlayStation 5 is still nearly impossible to get your hands on.
Much to the frustration of customers, the PlayStation 5 console sold out immediately after going on sale.
This has caused second-hand prices to skyrocket, especially in places like eBay and CEX.
Fortunately, however, second-hand prices have started to fall, and just in time for Christmas.
At CEX, for example, a boxed PS5 can now be bought for £695, compared to over £800 at its peak.
It’s still a lot more expensive than buying a brand new PlayStation 5 console, but at least they’re actually in stock at CEX.
The PS5 is even cheaper on eBay, where PlayStation 5 consoles average between £500 and £650.
You need to be careful when buying from eBay, make sure to check the seller’s ratings, read the product description carefully and pay by card.
Customers should also pay close attention to shipping costs when buying through eBay, as well as estimated delivery times.
If you’d rather take the risk and buy a brand new console, Express Online will post a weekly live blog with warnings for restocking.
PS5 UK stock drop warnings for GAME, PlayStation Direct, Argos and Amazon
Also keep an eye out for the newly launched PlayStation Direct website, where Sony sells PS5 consoles directly to customers.
The site offers fans the chance to purchase everything from PS Plus subscriptions and hardware to games and accessories.
The US Direct website regularly receives stock, so don’t be surprised to see new stock later this week.
To give yourself the best possible chance of getting your hands on a console, PS5 UK Stock Alerts recommends setting up a Sony account sooner rather than later.
More PS5 buying tips can be seen below.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying GAME…
• Familiarize yourself with the bundles so you know which one to target first: obscure bundles are easier to get, standalone bundles almost impossible. [GAME]
• Click on warning as soon as possible to your first bundle of choice, this will put you in the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it failed at checkout, it means the bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Paying too much too soon will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush. If this happens, please wait for a while and try again. [GAME]
General shopping tips for PlayStation 5…
• Log in if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices as much as possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app to purchase a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts whenever possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Track stock checker accounts and websites including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology
Denial of Responsibility for the Content
Gaming Ideology is a News Source that collects News from different Media Agencies and acts as a News Aggregator. The content you find on our website is freely available on the Internet. We clearly mention the Content Source hyperlinked to its original source. We arrange that content in our platform for our readers for Educational purposes only. All Copyrights & Trademarks belong to their Owners/Authors.
For Content Owners: To remove your content from our website, please contact us by emailing us at: [email protected] and we will remove that content from our website.