Battlefield 2042 update and patch notes news
The global launch of Battlefield 2042 is just around the corner, and developers are launching the first major patch to try and fix some of the worst bugs of the early access period.
In the patch notes, many are listed as having been removed, including many issues for those playing on PC.
These include instances of performance loss after a significant structure on a map is destroyed.
There are also fixes for rubber band issues during the final phase of a Battlefield All-Out Warfare match.
While there are several fixes for some of the worst issues encountered while playing Battlefield 2042, there are no changes for those waiting for the in-game chat to be enabled.
This is not expected to be implemented until later in 2021 and there is no ETA on when this critical feature will be added.
The DICE team has also warned that servers will go down when the new Battlefield 2042 update rolls out, but this will only last for a short time.
The launch time for Battlefield 2042 update 0.21 is slated to be 8am GMT on PlayStation, Xbox and PC.
A message from DICE reads: “Ahead of the start of our global launch for Battlefield 2042, we have a minor update aimed at addressing some critical issues we identified shortly before the start of Early Access.
“In the coming weeks we will have more to share about future fixes, balance changes and QoL improvements. Over the next 30 days, we are currently scheduled to release two more updates, with our next update featuring more fixes and improvements we identified during this first week of Early Access, and a bigger and more substantial update to follow.
“There will be a short period of downtime as we deploy the update. We will keep you updated on our implementation timing via the @BattlefieldComm Twitter account, where you can also follow our tracking of known issues and changes we may make in real time.”
BATTLEFIELD 2042 PATCH NOTES
Fixes, changes and improvements
- Implemented Server Side upgrades aimed at reducing Rubber Banding instances often experienced in the latter part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly less stuttering when playing on Breakaway. Destroying the Silos should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences reported to us on other maps.
- When you look at allies on your team, their names are now displayed correctly.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is rendered correctly.
- Updated a skin earned for Boris through Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Made sure that TDM rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We saw that sometimes this was not active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawns in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC only – Hazard zone specialist selection enabled via mouse interaction, eliminating the need to hold your selection with the spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in the danger zone that sometimes caused the power to not activate correctly at the end of the round so that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Fixed an issue found in the danger zone that could cause players to appear on the map if they were not visible or noticed.
- A fix has been provided for players in the danger zone who did not see their extraction streaks update correctly.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology
Denial of Responsibility for the Content
Gaming Ideology is a News Source that collects News from different Media Agencies and acts as a News Aggregator. The content you find on our website is freely available on the Internet. We clearly mention the Content Source hyperlinked to its original source. We arrange that content in our platform for our readers for Educational purposes only. All Copyrights & Trademarks belong to their Owners/Authors.
For Content Owners: To remove your content from our website, please contact us by emailing us at: [email protected] and we will remove that content from our website.