PS5 consoles should be back in a big way this week
After a quiet month with PS5 stock dropping so far, Sony looks set to finally ship consoles to retailers. UK restocks have already started this week, with the PlayStation Direct website launching on console earlier today. The PlayStation Direct website often replenishes the device several times a week, so it’s worth checking back regularly, even if you missed it today. For a chance to win an invite to purchase the console, visit the PlayStation website and sign in to your account. Once logged in, click on notifications, select ‘receive email notifications’ and save. Playstation Direct customers will receive an invitation to purchase the PS5 console through the website. This is followed by a stock decline for the general public. Don’t forget to log in to PSN first.
If you haven’t been able to get your hands on a PlayStation Direct console, you’ll be happy to hear that other major retailers are expected to get stock as well.
Previous reports suggest that several UK retailers have recently received shipments, meaning the console should be available sometime this week.
“PS5 shipments are starting to arrive in UK retailers, so we can expect some dropouts from major retailers next week!” reads a recent PS5 Stock UK tweet.
Specifically, fans will hope that GAME and Amazon will replenish the device as these retailers have the most stock.
Elsewhere, new reports suggest that Argos will replenish the device between January 25 and January 28. Argos drops usually go live at 8am GMT UK time, so don’t forget to set your alarm if you want a chance to win a PS5 in January.
Express Online will keep this article updated with the latest inventory developments, including potential additions for Amazon, Argos, GAME, John Lewis, Smyths, ShopTo, AO and Currys.
Likewise, if you’re struggling to find a PS5 near you and online, check out the shopping tips below.
General shopping tips for PlayStation 5…
• Log in if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices as much as possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app to purchase a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts whenever possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Track stock checker accounts and websites including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying GAME…
• Familiarize yourself with the bundles so you know which one to target first: Dark bundles are easier to come by, standalone bundles almost impossible. [GAME]
• Click on warning as soon as possible to your first bundle of choice, this will put you in the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it failed at checkout, it means the bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Paying too much too soon will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush. If this happens, please wait for a while and try again. [GAME]
While the PS5 stock problems will likely continue throughout the year, 2022 should be a better year for new games.
It all starts with the release of the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection later this month.
The PS5 remaster includes shiny new versions of Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: Lost Legacy. Launching on January 28, the game features a brand new Performance+ mode, which targets 120 frames per second at 1080p resolution.
The Uncharted Collection will be followed by Horizon Forbidden West in February and Gran Turismo 7 in March.
As for third-party games, titles like Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, and the brand new brawler Sifu.
Check all Gaming News here: Gaming Ideology
Denial of Responsibility for the Content
Gaming Ideology is a News Source that collects News from different Media Agencies and acts as a News Aggregator. The content you find on our website is freely available on the Internet. We clearly mention the Content Source hyperlinked to its original source. We arrange that content in our platform for our readers for Educational purposes only. All Copyrights & Trademarks belong to their Owners/Authors.
For Content Owners: To remove your content from our website, please contact us by emailing us at: [email protected] and we will remove that content from our website.