A new update has been released for Alien Dawn Update #10 with Patch Notes. You can find out all the details of the Game Update, Bug Fixes, improvements, and Patch Notes below. The Alien Dawn Update #10 Patch Notes are now available for download, for all platforms, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. The file size may vary depending on the platform.
Thank you for being patient as we ported our game Alien Dawn to Unreal 4.27 and the OpenXR API.
As mentioned in our last update, this was a fundamental step in creating a modern VR game.
Because of this and even though there isn’t as much new content as in a usual update, this was the most time intensive but important update yet.
The plan moving forward is to continue to polish every aspect of the Escape mode, from the interactive environment, A.I. intelligence, weapon attachments, inventory management and more.
It’s also been a long time since we released a DevLog, so we figured with this being such a big update it would be a great time to share all the information and our development thought process with you in a video.
Thank you so much for continuing to support us, whether it’s buying and playing the game, leaving a review or donating to the development. Jes and I value every person that has been helping us along the way of creating this experience.
We will be available more on our Discord and the Steam forums now that this update is done and we look forward to hanging out with the community again soon!
- 5/22/22 (Early Access) v1.10
- + Upgraded from Unreal 4.26 to Unreal 4.27
- Moved from SteamVR to OpenXR VR Plugins
- + Installed Oodle Plugin for high quality texture compression
- + Added Foveated Rendering for RTX level GPUs
- + Added Grasping Hands (Hands now lock to Gripped World Objects)
- + Individual fingers animate based on real life hand pose (Vive & Index)
- + Fingers physically conform to Grasped World Object
- + Added recoil to Hands and Weapons when firing
- + Added Haptic Feedback to Grasping Objects and firing Weapons
- + Added new Hand models for Player
- + Improved physics framerate of Dropped Item on Client
- + Enemy NPCs no longer can attack Players immediately after Helicopter crash
- + Added flickering Light to Helicopter crash
- + Decreased Sprint Bar amount while Sprinting
- + Improved overall NPC alertness
- + Optimized all Shaders in game for better GPU performance
- + Precomputed Navmesh for NPCs for better CPU performance
- + Optimized Particle FX for better CPU performance
- + Optimized NPC Check Distance Timer for better CPU performance
- + Fixed multiple issues with Gripping on all Motion Controllers
- + Fixed Body and Hand positions when in Helicopter or Vehicles
- + Fixed Cameron’s Hair Shader Mask
Source: Alien Dawn