Expansive Worlds, a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and the studio behind the popular hunting game theHunter: Call of the Wild, announces in the form of Call of the Wild: The Angler a new open world fishing experience. A trailer introduces the project in more detail.
In Call of the Wild: The Angler Fans can travel on their own terms and hunt for trophy fish in a wilderness full of surprises to become the master fisherman. The equipment can be freely chosen and the fishing knowledge can be perfected to make the adventure unique alone or in coop.
†Call of the Wild: The Angler represents a new vision from our team that in many ways goes beyond what you would expect from a fishing game. Whether you like the thrill of the sport or the quiet joy of exploring nature, this is an experience to enjoy alone or with friends,” said Paul Rustchynsky, game director at Expansive Worlds.
“Following the incredible success of theHunter: Call of the Wild, we are mastering the art of creating a worldclass experience that captures the authenticity and natural beauty of nature. Of Call of the Wild: The Angler we can expand our expertise even further by reinterpreting the fishing theme and continuing our longterm strategy to be at the forefront of the outdoor genre. We can’t wait to bring this game to players around the world later this year,” said Expansive Worlds Managing Director Samuel Peterson.
Main features of the game:
- Atmospheric Open World: In the open world, beautiful fishing spots along vast waterways can be explored on foot, by boat or by 4×4. Players traverse the world at their own pace, discovering winding rivers, soaring peaks, hidden ponds, springs and hiking trails.
- Variety of fish species: Call of the Wild: The Angler offers fans a variety of fish, such as walleye and mountain whitefish, each with unique behaviors that can be studied to catch.
- Character customization and becoming a master fisherman: The game offers different ways to customize your character to become a master fisherman. Players learn expert techniques and strategies for making the best catches, build their tackle collection and have access to a wide variety of rods that adapt as their roster of reels, floats, hooks and lures grows.
- Single or Multiplayer: Fans have the option to navigate open water solo or share the journey with friends in online dropin, dropout coop multiplayer for up to 12 players. Players can team up with other fishermen and go on unforgettable expeditions together.
- Regular updates: Call of the Wild: The Angler will continue to provide new, memorable fishing experiences with regular content updates postrelease.
Call of the Wild: The Angler will appear at some point for unspecified consoles.
Check all Game News here: Gaming Ideology