It’s our pleasure to welcome players to the Overwatch 2 beta!
Starting today, June 28, until July 18, players on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S will have the opportunity to join our beta test for the first time before Overwatch 2 officially launches on October 4. This beta features new tank hero Junker Queen, new map Rio, and a new Push game mode. Additionally, players will finally get to experience the new and reimagined 5v5 gameplay and redesigned heroes.
We’ve shared a lot of information over the past few weeks – like how Overwatch 2 will be free for all players starting October 4. Here’s what you’ll get to experience within this beta and game launch later this year:
New Hero: Junker Queen
Junker Queen joins the Overwatch 2 roster as the newest tank hero with a big axe and even bigger ideas. As we saw in The Wastelander cinematic, the Scrapyard’s sovereign is fierce, resourceful, and no stranger to survival. And now, she’s come to claim her rightful throne.
An Ever-expanding World
Bring the fight to new destinations as the scope of PvP expands. Travel the world, savor breathtaking sights, and clash on the streets of iconic locations like Monte Carlo, Rome, Toronto, and New York City. Rio is an especially fun map, with a carnival float payload moving through a club where Lucio DJs.
More Game Modes
Introducing the new Push game mode. In this new, symmetrical map type, teams will battle to take control of a robot that begins in a central location, then push it toward the enemy base. This new mode will join the existing lineup of modes, bringing more objectives to capture, strategies to explore, and secrets to unearth.
For beta, we will begin granting access to players who opted-in through July 14. Players who buy the Overwatch 2: Watchpoint Pack on the Xbox Store will be granted immediate beta access today.
Our team has both technical and gameplay-related goals for this beta, so please share your thoughts, feedback, and experiences with us on Overwatch 2 beta forums! We are enthusiastic about including players in this vital testing phase, and we hope everyone has a great time in-game!
Overwatch Watchpoint Pack
Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
Get equipped for Overwatch® 2!
Purchase and receive:
– Guaranteed Access to the Overwatch® 2 PvP Crossplay Beta (Beta begins June 28th, 2022*)
– Overwatch®: Legendary Edition (includes five (5) Legendary Skins, and five (5) Epic Skins)
Additional content granted to purchasers at the release of Overwatch® 2 on October 4th**:
– Premium Battle Pass: Season 1***
– Two (2) Overwatch® 2 Legendary Hero Skins – Space Raider Soldier 76 and Space Raider Cassidy
– 2000 Overwatch® 2 Virtual Currency
– Overwatch® 2 Player Icon (Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Pack pre-purchase exclusive)
Get ready for a new and reimagined Overwatch® 2 PvP experience:
– New heroes and an all new 5v5 structure will shake up competitive play and create opportunities for bold new strategies.
– New Push game mode features new symmetrical maps where teams engage in a tug-of-war battle and push TS-1, a centrally-located robot, deeper into enemy territory.
– With an always-on live service, Overwatch® 2 will introduce new heroes, maps, modes and cosmetic content with each season – Season 1 starts with launch in October!
A mobile phone number must be linked to your Battle.net Account to play Overwatch.
*Actual platform availability and launch date(s) of Overwatch 2 PvP Crossplay Beta subject to change. See playoverwatch.com/beta for more details. Minimum Beta duration is 18 days. Limited time only. Internet Connection and Xbox Live Gold subscription required.
**Items will be awarded to players that have purchased Overwatch® 2 Watchpoint Pack when Overwatch® 2 launches, actual date subject to change.
***Season 1 Battle Pass applies to Season 1 only and will not award access to any future Battle Pass or seasonal/live content. Season 1 will launch alongside Overwatch® 2 in October 2022.
For more information, please visit https://playoverwatch.com.
Check all Xbox News here: Gaming Ideology