We are aware that information regarding Diablo 4 will be made public previous to The Game Awards in December.
With the embargo lifting “before TGA,” it was stated some media outlets would be allowed to play the game and interview the developers. Although an accurate embargo date was given, it cannot be reported because such dates are subject to change.
The current release date for Diablo 4 is 2023. But in the coming weeks, it’s expected that Blizzard Entertainment will reveal a more precise release date for the game.
Reports from before
The media embargo implies that Diablo 4 won’t be recognized at The Game Awards. However, a leaked document from Activision Blizzard stated that TheGameAwards would offer pre-orders.
The game’s release was announced for 2023 on June 12, 2022, after it was first revealed in November 2019 at BlizzCon.
Five classes for the game have already been revealed:
- The Barbarian – which appears in Diablo II and Diablo III- can switch between weapons while in combat.
- The Sorceress – returning from Diablo II, is an elemental mage-type character wielding fire, cold, and lightning magics.
- The Druid – returning from Diablo II, can shapeshift between human, werewolf, and werebear forms and possesses earthen and storm magics.
- The Rogue – A quick-moving combatant who switches between bladed melee and bow-based ranged combat is a returnee from the first game.
- The Necromancer – using dark magic to summon and attack, returning from Diablo II and Diablo III.