Fixing the “Looking for updates” error in Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 on consoles and PC requires a series of attempts that anyone can complete. We’re talking about one of the issues that affects several users of Activision’s free shooter, and which can be particularly annoying. In fact, the screen stays still and doesn’t allow you to continue normal games.
Here are the top solutions to try if you encounter the “Check for Updates” error:
- restart the game;
- turn off and turn on the console or PC;
- turn the router off and on again to restore the Internet connection;
- check for updates for Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 and install the latest version if necessary.
If you’re playing on PC, you can also check the integrity of your game files in case some of them got corrupted. Here are the steps to follow:
- launch the Steam client;
- right-click the game in your library;
- select “Properties” and go to “Local Files”;
- select “Verify Integrity of Game Files” and wait for the process to complete.
However, with a PC, some possible solutions are as follows:
- change DNS by setting 22.214.171.124 as primary and 126.96.36.199 as alternate;
- update network drivers;
- disable your firewall temporarily.
If none of these solutions fix the problem, the last resort is to uninstall and reinstall Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0.
Check all Game News here: Gaming Ideology