Fans are getting enthusiastic about Diablo 4, which is anticipated to be one of the most popular games in 2023. If the open beta is any indication, it has the potential to be one of the best games released this year. Even better, much like its predecessor, you’ll be able to play it on your personal computer and your console.
That entails the use of the Steam Deck as well. Although Diablo 4 is not sold on Steam, you can play it on your Deck. Even more, Valve makes certain that Proton has all of the required optimizations so that it can perform like a dream.
Although it would be simpler if Blizzard delivered the game through Steam, installing it on your Deck is relatively easy even with that service. Here is a rundown of everything that has to be done.
How to Play Diablo 4 on Steam Deck?
Suppose you have tried to side-load things onto your Steam Deck, such as Epic Games Store. In that case, you know that it can be challenging for players who need to become more familiar with PC gaming and for some already experienced players. We may now breathe a sigh of relief because the pipeline from Diablo 4 to Steam Deck functions more smoothly. It should go without saying, but we’ll mention it anyway: to play Diablo 4 on Steam Deck, you need to own the game’s PC version. If you follow these steps, you won’t have any problems:
- Start working in Desktop Mode on your Steam Deck by tapping the Steam button, going to the Power menu, and then selecting Desktop Mode.
- Install the Lutris app by searching for it in the Discover tab and downloading it.
- When it’s installed, open Lutris and press the + button
- Install Battle.net by doing a search for it and finding it. Battle.net is the central hub for all of Blizzard’s first-party games.
- Slay your enemies after logging into your Battle.net account and downloading Diablo 4.
And if you want to make it so that after that, you may load the game from the traditional Steam Deck view, make sure that you also execute a few more simple steps, which are as follows:
- Select “Games” from the top bar in Desktop Mode.
- Click “Add non-Steam Game to My Library.”
- Select Lutris
After that, you can log into Lutris and, by extension, Battle.net directly from the games library on your computer. It can be summed up in such a short phrase. When everything is in place, you can play Diablo 4 as a mobile game; however, it is up to you to determine whether or not the user interface can be easily read on such a little screen. Despite this, using Steam Deck to play Diablo 4 is a fantastic, almost future-feeling experience.