The first gameplay clip for the upcoming Madden 24 video game has been made available by EA Sports. In the reveal trailer, it was unveiled that Josh Allen, the quarterback for the Buffalo Bills, is this year’s cover athlete. This marks the first time a Bills player has been featured on the cover of a video game.
The trailer also reveals new elements that will be added to this year’s game. These new features include an updated version of the Sapien character technology, FieldSense, cross-play on current-generation devices and PC, and more.
In terms of the game’s modes, Madden 24 will offer an updated version of the Superstar mode for current-generation consoles and the PC edition, which will be called Superstar: The League.
“Achieve greatness in your NFL career with game-changing control thanks to FieldSENSE,” EA Sports claimed in its feature description. “Personalize your character and develop your legacy as you move up the ranks from the combine to the draft picks to be selected 99th overall. Participate in new minigames and observe live player grading while playing various positions.”
Additionally, changes have been made to the Franchise mode, including the following as detailed by EA Sports:
- In Madden NFL 24, fan-favorite minigames are returning to help you level up your squad. You can put your abilities to the test in a Franchise training camp or weekly strategy by playing dozens of new minigames, some of which include movable obstructions and destructible targets.
- Make use of a streamlined team relocation option complete with new locales, logos, and jerseys when writing the story of your franchise.
- Free Agency 2.0 allows you to restructure existing contracts and make counteroffers to key cornerstone players, allowing you to build your future.
- Acquire and keep superstars with the help of fifty brand-new, one-of-a-kind draft generators, updated trade logic tuning, six additional trade slots, and updated talent trees for coaches.
- Use the new commissioner tools to personalize your experience while participating in connected online and offline leagues.
What are your thoughts on the early announcements made for Madden 24 based on the trailer? On August 18, Madden 24 will be available on personal computers, Xbox Series X|S consoles, PlayStation 5 consoles, and Xbox One consoles.